• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Zippo Lighter Case from Otter Box

roboref

I am leaving on vacation and wanted to use one of the new OtterBox Zippo Cases but have not found them available locally. Has anyone had any experieince in using one? I want to get a Zippo and the Z-plus butane insert. I am going on a cruise and have not had anything other than matches the last couple of trips and wanted to try this combo.

I am looking for anyone with experieince in travleing with the Zippo (z-plus insert) and the Otterbox Zippo Case, which is approved by DOT for use with previously fueled Zippos to be placed in checked luggage.

Thanks for any info you may offer!

PS

If you haven't seen this I have included a link for it below!

http://www.otterbox.com/products/zippo_case/

You can pick one up here Zippo Otterbox
I just got one and it seems pretty neat!

How long will your cruise be?
The Z-plus doesn't have the biggest fuel reservoir...
So you might be better off just using the Zippo as is.

The last two times I have flown I stashed a Bic in my check-on with no problems. So you might want to stash a Bic and have the Z-plus...

Good luck and have a great trip!

-Rob

Put a bic lighter in your pocket, it WILL NOT set off the metal detector. If you put it in your carry on they will see it. You might also put it in your checked bags. I carry my bic lighter through he metals detectors many times a week.

You might check out the new lighter box from colibri. It allows you to travel with any lighter in your checked baggage!

My cruise will be a 12 day cruise. I guess I could use the Zippo as is, I just have always heard the complaints about bad aftertaste of the fuel. I can always just buy a bic when I get there. My complaint with the bic is it doesn't work very well with the breeze on deck. That was the reason to have the zplus. Some cigar rooms on the ships have nice torch lighters, but they usually have to be purged, the cigar girls in the cigar bar are always amazed that I can get them to work by purging them. I will have to decide soon as I am leaving soon.

I'm not sure you'll find the z-plus sufficient for your trip. As was said, it really doesn't hold much fuel at all. On a 12 day trip I'm assuming you'll be smoking at least a dozen cigars (probably a lot more :) ) and the z-plus won't hold enough fuel to light that many in my experience.

Food for thought...