• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newb experimenting

Grumpy1328

I've been into cigars now for a couple months. Total newb. Did some real mild smokes, such as Macanudo Hampton Court, and a couple other Macs. Some Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe, which I do like. Even tried out a coffee infused stick, which I found to be interesting, but wouldn't make it a daily smoke. I've recently tried a Perdomo Lot 23, and an Oliva Serie G, both of which I liked a lot. Also a Nub Connecticutt.
Given this assortment, any suggestions on what I should try next? I don't want to stick to just mild sticks, and as I hope I'm showing, am trying to expand my horizons....

Grumpy, there have been quite a few recent threads regarding this same topic. Search is your friend. I believe you will find that what others like, you will not and visa versa.

I would recomend the Newbie sampler, a respected member will set you up with a great selection to try.

Regards,

Ken

edit: linky no worky for me

If you want to kick it up a notch in body and flavor without breaking the bank...I would suggest an Oliva Serie V.

I recommend the newbie sampler on here as well. This is a family here and everyone takes care of each other so I'm sure your interests will be looked after. Also give the "La Traviata" from CAO and "Brick House" from JC Newman a try. Great sticks and an even better price point. Just one man's opinion of course. <BR><BR>Edited for grammar

x3 on the Newb Sampler. Best thing I ever did to get started. Also, stay away from buying more than 3 of any one stick right now. In fact, I would suggest limiting it to one, MAYBE two of the same to diversify as much as possible.

I've been into cigars now for a couple months. Total newb. Did some real mild smokes, such as Macanudo Hampton Court, and a couple other Macs. Some Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe, which I do like. Even tried out a coffee infused stick, which I found to be interesting, but wouldn't make it a daily smoke. I've recently tried a Perdomo Lot 23, and an Oliva Serie G, both of which I liked a lot. Also a Nub Connecticutt.
Given this assortment, any suggestions on what I should try next? I don't want to stick to just mild sticks, and as I hope I'm showing, am trying to expand my horizons....

Try a Padron 2000. It is cheap and a outstanding cigar. :thumbs: