• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newb pass no more- please put out of misery, rod

Skisomalia,

I believe when they referenced patience, it was due to your interest in joining / starting a pass within your first 10 posts. With a year and a half on the board, I have yet to join a pass. Normally this is due to missing out on the sign-up thread by mere minutes, but the point is, it is something that you wait on to catch at the right time, when you have the right sticks, or be invited to participate in. This is nothing to rush.

Patience on this board is key. There are examples after examples here of people coming in and wanting everything given to them right away. It is not my intent to infer that this is or was your desire, but truely, be patient. I think that it would be the right choice of words. :D

I am going to move this pass to completed, as i dont want to have to deal with this.

I am going to move this pass to completed, as i dont want to have to deal with this.

I think they'll eventually do this for you....

Anyways, I'm thinking about starting up a pass soon. I've been in about 10-15 over on CW, one over here on CP. I'd call myself a veteran of passes, but I have yet to host one. I'm not making any promises, just voicing my thoughts out loud.

Let me check my schedule. I was taken under George's wing soon after joining with a newbie pass. In fact I think all but one passer is still around and kicking. I know how exciting it was for me to get started and it was a great experience. My definition of newbies might be a bit different that some of the newer guys expect so if you have 30 posts and have been here a month, this won't be the pass for you. I'll post the prerequisites in the sign-up post. If no on has any concerns, I'll start a thread and begin sign-ups in the next day or so.

PS. Please don't start signing up in this thread. That will come in the Newb Pass XX thread.

Count me in, I'm trying to get the hang, but as a newbie, I'm a little comfused.. But I want to join in a little CP fun,,,

Sorry, this one is dead. Another one got started, but it looks like you will need to wait until another generious FOG decides to start one. Newbs starting passes are generally frowned upon. Just look at this thread for a play by play of what happened when i tried to initiate one myself, and you will understand

If you re-read this whole thread, you will get some good advice as to getting in a pass. Just wait a bit. I would really recommend reading stinkimonki's post, as it gives some really helpful advice about getting the most out of this forum