• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newb question.... PAM lovers...

infalablejed

So in my endless search for my most favoritest cigar in the whole wide world... Seriously is there a cigar that PAM lovers like more than the PAM 1926? I've never had an Opus X or Anjo (sp?) but do these guys come close? So far nothing has stacked up and makes me drool like a Serie 1926. Suggestions?

To each his own but a nice 26 or even a 64 for that matter is hard to beat. Anejo and Opus are a great place to start if you are searching for something equally as good as they are great and different then the aforementioned smokes. You just can't go wrong with any of those man.

Let's put it this way...the PAM64 and PAM26 aren't even close to the same playing field. Each cigar has it's different origins (PAM from Nic and Opus Xfrom DR), so the profile will wil differ! I love the PAM64 Exclusivo but I also love the 2005 production of the Opus X Fuente Fuente. Different smokes for different times and expectations.

-Fetter

What can i expect of those you mentioned? I love the full bodied yet smoothness of the PAM or Serie 1926... what can I expect from the others? Maybe someone can give me a mini review?

Go HERE and look around. You will find a bunch of great reviews and info.

There's no such thing as a PAM '26.

That being said...for me the Anejo is the tops. I've found little else that provides a nice punch with a touch of sweetness and ease. I really like the taste of the Serie '26, alot really, but nothing tops an Anejo for me. I like Opus as well, but for me, they fall just short of the Anejo.

Thanks for the info guys! Newbie just used to not getting an honest review. Always getting whatever someone wants to sell me. That's what I love about this place, no judgements, honest reviews, feels like a good home!

There is no such thing as a "PAM 1926". PAM = Padron [1964] Anniversary Maduro. The 1926 line does not have "Anniversary" anywhere in the name, they are "Padron 1926 Serie" cigars.

Realize that everyone is different but for me a DCM is the only other non cuban cigar I can regularly get that I consider the equal of the Serie 1926.

Ya know I happened to run to look in the ol' humi to see if that was true as i happened as i have one 64 and one 26 left. (Hoping they mate and make a 45, no such luck yet) and I admit I have been saying it was a PAM. Just for making an ass outta me I should smoke one of those SOB's right now... heh heh heh...

To answer your question a DCM is a Diamond Crown Maximus.

...for me the Anejo is the tops. I've found little else that provides a nice punch with a touch of sweetness and ease. I really like the taste of the Serie '26, alot really, but nothing tops an Anejo for me. I like Opus as well, but for me, they fall just short of the Anejo.

x2

Something even remotely close to a PAM/1926 serie... Nothing really. Each cigar has its nuances that really distinguish themselves from each other. I've heard on several occasions that an El Mejor Expresso has similar characteristics to a PAM, but I never experienced such a relation. On a more cheaper side, there is Quintero (NC) Maduros that I recieved from the QSH II, and it has a thinned out chocolatey taste that I thoroughly enjoyed.

As far as Fuente treats go, Anejo is more to my speed rather than others. Hammingway maddies are nice, some of the maduros from the regular line are good as well (858 to name one). RP OWR has a certain taste that touches on the PAM experience, but again is a totally different animal. Some other lines that you might also want to try (if you hadn't already) would be the HdM Dark Sumatra, Punch maduros, and ERDM (NC). Then there are the Padron millenium maduro line, had a 6000 maduro that I really liked. Of course there is always the Lucky 6 maduro that I smoked and reviewed.

There's no such thing as a PAM '26.

That being said...for me the Anejo is the tops. I've found little else that provides a nice punch with a touch of sweetness and ease. I really like the taste of the Serie '26, alot really, but nothing tops an Anejo for me. I like Opus as well, but for me, they fall just short of the Anejo.

YEAH BABY!! :thumbs: Nice catch Brickhouse. :D (I'm usually the first one to break stones on this one)

I like the 1926 maduros FAR BETTER than the PAMs. I'm with ya on the Añejos too Brickhouse but there are times when I crave for a 1926 maduro and other times where only an Añejo will do.

Realize that everyone is different but for me a DCM is the only other non cuban cigar I can regularly get that I consider the equal of the Serie 1926.
I really like those too AVB but it seems that lately, the wrappers don't taste as good as they did a couple of years ago. :(

The wrappers on the DCMs are a sungrown, not a maduro.

Ya know I happened to run to look in the ol' humi to see if that was true as i happened as i have one 64 and one 26 left. (Hoping they mate and make a 45, no such luck yet) and I admit I have been saying it was a PAM. Just for making an ass outta me I should smoke one of those SOB's right now... heh heh heh...
Don't sweat it, it's a fairly common mistake. :D

I had a ball with some dope about a year ago (KevinOWackter or something like that and what's worse is he was a vendor) who kept trying to argue that 1926s ARE INDEED "PAMs" because "everyone" (well except the Padron company says they are):rolleyes: and it made for some good entertainment. :laugh: