• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Contest!

bpj87

Go Bulldogs!
It is time for a contest! Inspired by stepthirteen's and #2's arduous forum search contests, mine will be similar in style.

This is open to newbies with
a) a May or June join date
b) between 20 and 2000 posts :)
c) a filled out profile including a wish list :whistling: and other basic info

The first member to meet all criteria and answer all questions correctly will win a nice prize pack from me. No edits. :thumbs:

1. You must have posted an intro. Post a link to it here.
2. What is my current occupation?
3. I participate in competitive pistol shooting. What is the full name of the organization in which I compete?
4. I participated in a group bombing of a member. Who is the member, and what was the occasion for the bombing?
5. To whom did I make my first sale on CP?
6. In a contest, I was closest in guessing the date and time of the birth of a member's child. Who is this member, and what is the name of his new baby?
7. I have participated in the MAW-PIF thread. What member(s) granted my wish(es)? Whose wish(es) did I grant?

Ok this is a very long/tough contest...thanks!!! Had to give up at the end I have way tooo much studying to do!

1.) My introduction
2.) You were a chemistry major at Yale....pursuing a Medical degree....thus you are a student!
3.) United States Practical Shooting Association
4.) The Uber Birthday bombing of jonesy (a lot of participants involved....by the way great job!)
5.) First sale was a 5'er to blazedup
6.) The member is Rob (mysterea) and his daughter Izobel Maren was born on March 15th at 11:59 pm...you guessed 15th at 10:30pm
7.) There are a lot of posts in this, and a lot of PIF's, so here we go (hope I didn't leave any out)
helped out: Bsneed51, bfisher88, strangefamous, Napa_smokes
got helped by : BigJake6904, Strangefamous, KeyerSaze, LilBastage, Bsneed51

Again thanks for the contest...wheeeeew :thumbs:

1.http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=46706
2.Student (read all your posts, all I could find. :(
3.United States Practical Shooting Association
4.jonesy bday
5.blazedup
6. Mysterea, Izobel Maren
7.Keysersoze,strangefamous, bigjake6904* Bfisher88,napasmokes

My eyes hurt, and I'm an hour late starting work! GEEZ, you're tough!

Nice work, guys! You were both very close, but, sorry, no cigar (pun intended :rolleyes: ). Let's see a few more newbies give this a shot!

Ok this is a very long/tough contest...thanks!!! Had to give up at the end I have way tooo much studying to do!

1.) My introduction
2.) You were a chemistry major at Yale....pursuing a Medical degree....thus you are a student!
3.) United States Practical Shooting Association
4.) The Uber Birthday bombing of jonesy (a lot of participants involved....by the way great job!)
5.) First sale was a 5'er to blazedup
6.) The member is Rob (mysterea) and his daughter Izobel Maren was born on March 15th at 11:59 pm...you guessed 15th at 10:30pm
7.) There are a lot of posts in this, and a lot of PIF's, so here we go (hope I didn't leave any out)
helped out: Bsneed51, bfisher88, strangefamous, Napa_smokes

Again thanks for the contest...wheeeeew :thumbs:

1.http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=46706
2.Student (read all your posts, all I could find. :(
3.United States Practical Shooting Association
4.jonesy bday
5.blazedup
6. Mysterea, Izobel Maren
7.Keysersoze,strangefamous, bigjake6904* Bfisher88,napasmokes

This contest is tough, but it's nothing compared to some of the other search contests I've seen or in which I've participated! :cool:

If no one gets this in 24 hours, everyone will get a second attempt. :thumbs:

This contest is tough, but it's nothing compared to some of the other search contests I've seen or in which I've participated! :cool:

If no one gets this in 24 hours, everyone will get a second attempt. :thumbs:

Ha ha...no I'm just upset I missed something...prolly just browsed right over it (was taking a practice exam at the same time!) Thanks for the contest and good luck to the rest

Well here goes nothing.

1. You must have posted an intro. - http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=46441

2. What is my current occupation? – Something to do with the stock market, either as a researcher, or runner or perhaps a trader even, but I wasn;t able to nail it down.

3. I participate in competitive pistol shooting. What is the full name of the organization in which I compete? United States Practical Shooting Association and International Practical Shooting Confederation

4. I participated in a group bombing of a member. Who is the member, and what was the occasion for the bombing? Jonesy’s UBER Birthday Bomb (36th Birthday)

5. To whom did I make my first sale on CP? Blazedup

6. In a contest, I was closest in guessing the date and time of the birth of a member's child. Who is this member, and what is the name of his new baby? Mysteria, Izobel Maren

7. I have participated in the MAW-PIF thread. What member(s) granted my wish(es)? KeyserSoze , StrangeFamous Whose wish(es) did I grant? Sanchopanza, Bfisher88

Regardless of whether I am close in this contest or not, I have to say it was a neat journey looking into Bryan’s past 6 months in CP. He seems to be a thoughtful and personable guy, well spoken and quite knowledgeable on a variety of topics not the least being chemistry. He is a HUGE fan of “Top Gear” and knows his cigars pretty well. I feel like I know him now and it would be a pleasure to sit and have a smoke with him anytime.

Danny

Jesus cristo, if you're a newbie with 2000 posts, you need a re-evaluation of your post count!! :whistling: :sign:

Sweet contest Bryan, LET'S SEE SOME FRIGGIN' NEWBIES JUMP IN!!! PARTICIPATION AND ACTIVITY people!!

Only 3 NEWBIES?? C'mon, there's more of you that fit the criteria! :angry:

You got 5 out of 7, Danny. Stay tuned for to make an edit at the 24 hour mark from the time of the contest's start.

Thank you very much for all of the kind words! These contests really do get you to know a member and his or her history. :thumbs:

Well here goes nothing.

1. You must have posted an intro. - http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=46441

2. What is my current occupation? – Something to do with the stock market, either as a researcher, or runner or perhaps a trader even, but I wasn;t able to nail it down.

3. I participate in competitive pistol shooting. What is the full name of the organization in which I compete? United States Practical Shooting Association and International Practical Shooting Confederation

4. I participated in a group bombing of a member. Who is the member, and what was the occasion for the bombing? Jonesy's UBER Birthday Bomb (36th Birthday)

5. To whom did I make my first sale on CP? Blazedup

6. In a contest, I was closest in guessing the date and time of the birth of a member's child. Who is this member, and what is the name of his new baby? Mysteria, Izobel Maren

7. I have participated in the MAW-PIF thread. What member(s) granted my wish(es)? KeyserSoze , StrangeFamous Whose wish(es) did I grant? Sanchopanza, Bfisher88

Regardless of whether I am close in this contest or not, I have to say it was a neat journey looking into Bryan's past 6 months in CP. He seems to be a thoughtful and personable guy, well spoken and quite knowledgeable on a variety of topics not the least being chemistry. He is a HUGE fan of "Top Gear" and knows his cigars pretty well. I feel like I know him now and it would be a pleasure to sit and have a smoke with him anytime.

Danny

can you say how many I got wrong then?

Jesus cristo, if you're a newbie with 2000 posts, you need a re-evaluation of your post count!! :whistling: :sign:

Sweet contest Bryan, LET'S SEE SOME FRIGGIN' NEWBIES JUMP IN!!! PARTICIPATION AND ACTIVITY people!!

Only 3 NEWBIES?? C'mon, there's more of you that fit the criteria! :angry:

BUMP!

Souldog, I think you were probably the closest, out of all the newbies ever to join CP, to the 2000 post mark before your third month here! :sign: But seriously, everyone who has recently joined should take the advice above. Let's see more newbies give it a shot! :cool:

I'll give it a 2nd shot in a T-minus 7 hours 10 minutes! :thumbs:

1.) Introduction Linky
2.) You are at Yale....pursuing a Medical degree....thus you are a student
3.) United States Practical Shooting Association/ International Practical Shooting Confederation or USPSA/IPSC
4.) Birthday bombing of jonesy
5.) First sale was blazedup
7.) helped out: Bsneed51, bfisher88, strangefamous, Napa_smokes

Thanks for the contest!

Edit: to say I'm a loser..... :) LoL

Thanks for participating! You were correct on 6 out of 7. :( Everyone keeps slipping up on the same question. Make sure to carefully read the thread in question. ;)

1.) Introduction Linky
2.) You are at Yale....pursuing a Medical degree....thus you are a student
3.) United States Practical Shooting Association/ International Practical Shooting Confederation or USPSA/IPSC
4.) Birthday bombing of jonesy
5.) First sale was blazedup
7.) helped out: Bsneed51, bfisher88, strangefamous, Napa_smokes

Thanks for the contest!

Well I need to try and narrow this down I guess. If i get 6 out of seven this time I think I'll know which question is the error.

1. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=46441

2. Yale University Student

3. United States Practical Shooting Association and International Practical Shooting Confederation

4. Jonesy was the member and it was his 36th Birthday

5. Blazedup

6. Mysteria, Izobel Maren

7. Granted: Bsneed51, bfisher88, strangefamous, Napa_smokes, sanchopanza
Granted by : BigJake6904, Strangefamous, KeyerSaze, LilBastage, Bsneed51

Ok, to avoid any confusion, here is the story:

Firstly, for those who qualify and have not yet made an attempt, let's see some more entries!

Secondly, for those who have already made an attempt, you can post a second guess after 24 hours from the contest's opening elapses.

This means that, before 8:34PM Eastern time, any fully correct first guess will win. On 8:35PM Eastern and after, the first fully correct first or second attempt will win. Remember, no edits and no second tries before 8:35PM Eastern.

(Danny, you are now 6/7 like everyone else. No edits tends to mean no second posts unless otherwise allowed, but one can't be expected to know that without experience. You're good for your official second guess on 8:35PM Eastern or after.)

Ok, to avoid any confusion, here is the story:

Firstly, for those who qualify and have not yet made an attempt, let's see some more entries!

Secondly, for those who have already made an attempt, you can post a second guess after 24 hours from the contest's opening elapses.

This means that, before 8:34PM Eastern time, any fully correct first guess will win. On 8:35PM Eastern and after, the first fully correct first or second attempt will win. Remember, no edits and no second tries before 8:35PM Eastern.

(Danny, you are now 6/7 like everyone else. No edits tends to mean no second posts unless otherwise allowed, but one can't be expected to know that without experience. You're good for your official second guess on 8:35PM Eastern or after.)

Sorry for the lack of knowledge Bryan. So I'm basically done with my allotment of guesses until tomorrow at 8:35pm ET. I now know where my error is but I will wait to guess again. ;)