• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie question

Steven Infanti

Looking for suggestions on which sticks I should start with. I have tried my father lebijou 1922 and loved it but it's a little pricey for me at this time. Also tried lfd and liked them. so what to try next at a lower price point looking to hear from you guys
Steve

Here's a couple of my favorites under $6:

Joya Red Robusto
Fuente 858 Mad
Oliva Serie O Robusto Nat & Mad
AJ Fernandez Last Call
DE Nica Rustica Short Robusto
Esteban Carreras 211
EC ChupaCabra Corona Maduro
Illusione Rothchild
La Aroma de Cuba New Blend
RoMa Intemperance BA & EC
CAO Gold & Colombia
Alec Bradley American Sungrown
H Upmann Vintage Cameroon
Tatuaje Tattoo Robusto & Toro

Looking for suggestions on which sticks I should start with. I have tried my father lebijou 1922 and loved it but it's a little pricey for me at this time. Also tried lfd and liked them. so what to try next at a lower price point looking to hear from you guys
Steve
Head over to the newbie sampler trade thread. That's a great way to get your feet wet with some fantastic sticks that have been cared for by a real lover of the leaf.

Padron thousand series is great too

Yep, pretty much any of the Padrons 2000-7000's are fantastic and usually in the 5-7 dollar a stick range. 3000 maduros are probably my favorite "fairly" inexpensive cigar.

And I'll echo above comments about the Newbie sampler trade--GREAT way to get some excellent smokes from more experienced individuals!

One more suggestion... Punch Rare Corojo Elite

Had one this evening--gorgeous little cigar and great all the way to the nub. And an incredible bargain at 3-4 bucks a stick!

Newbie trade.

If you like the MF and LFD profile check out the La Aroma de Cuba base line. They are one of my go to everyday cigars. The corona and Rothschild are the sizes I prefer.

You can start with some mild ones; ask the store owener and he will give you advice. “Mild” doesn’t mean bland. Some veteran cigar smokers tend to believe this (often for the reason I just pointed out). However, there are plenty of cigars classified as mild that are light years from bland. Recently, some of the top cigar makers have begun introducing cigars with milder wrappers like U.S. and Ecuadorian-grown Connecticut. Connecticut is one of the most widely used mild wrappers and is also sought for its sweet aroma. Ecuadorian Connecticut is also mild, but with a little more flavor and a shade or two darker in color.