• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Review - "Diesel" , Unholy Cocktail

LedZep

Good Afternoon Folks..

I went to the CI Superstore yesterday for the Victor Sinclair event.
It was a good time and a nice Herf with some buddies from work.

I picked up 2 of these sticks while I was looking around the shop, These cost about $4 ea.

I smoked one this afternoon , and figured I'd do a review while using my underway Mancave due to the inclimate weather. ;)

Here it goes..

gallery_10867_1257_30164.jpg

1) Construction - Nicely built, A shiny, oily wrapper with a few small veins.. :)

2) I cut the tip of this torp off and toasted the foot.., It lit easily, needed no touch-ups and drew very smoothly throughout the smoking of it.
This thing had a nice smack of peppery spice, a little leather and a toasty woody taste immediately after the light. Kinda bangs you a little right up front. :0

3) Taste-

1/3rd - Very Noticable hits of Pepper, spice, leather, wood, earth and rich tobacco tastes dominated this part of the stick.. A little charcoal or burnt something was also around. A little bit bitter to some degree.
Dense smoke and a decent amount of it.

2/3rd - Denser white smoke.. and alot of it. It smelled good and the flavors mellowed a bit, Nothing new and outstanding flavorwise came into play for me. Just tasted like the first 1/3 , But a little calmer overall, Maybe a touch more pepper. Not complex at all in my opinion, I was looking for something a bit more exciting.

3/3rd - More of the same. tasting OK, But I still was not really crazy about the flavors I was recognizing.

The Nub - Ditto Same as above .. But Hotter temp.

The Ash - Well organized with lines and dots .. It held tight until a tapped it off.

I would rate this particular cigar as "OK" if you are into the flavors I have tried to honestly describe, But nothing special for me.

I would not buy more of these yet personally, It just isn't what I look for in a cigars taste. I do like stronger / full cigars and Pepper is nice too,
But maybe this requires some more resting time before It would be a bit more enjoyable for me.

I will let the other one of these sit undisturbed for a while and give this stick another try sometime next year.

As always, I really welcome your feedback, opinions and comments.

Led

Thanks for all the great reviews LedZep.

Nice review! I was just looking at these in the new CI mag. I think even for the pricepoint I am gonna have to pass based on your review!

Great review and pictures, Zep! I really dig the way you arrange your photos, it flows nicely. :thumbs:

Nice review, I've been curious about these.
thumbs-up.gif