• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie storage question

Snoozer

I'm probably just paranoid( I sure hope so anyways! :D ) but I've noticed that when I store my cigars in my new humidor that I've had about 2 weeks now after a couple day in there parts of the wrapper seem to go a darker color. Not a moldy color just a darker brown. They feel fine and they smell fine. I'm assuming they'll smoke fine and I'll find that out this weekend.
I guess my question is, is this normal?
My Rh is usually right around 65%

That's an interresting effect.... I'm assuming you seasoned the humi and that the temp is around 65-70F. No cello, right? Make sur there is no residual seasoning fluids pooling anywhere. Could be that you had something on your fingertips when you put them down? Years ago I put some Fonseca 5-50s naturals in a desktop humi right after put some lotion on my chapped hands (no capping on my you pervs out there) or that your hands ar just naturally oilly. I also notice this with the DPG Black Label 601s in the stores after a week or so on their thin CT shade wrapper.

You're paranoid.

Sounds like the sticks are getting what they need. Take a look at a dry leaf vs a wet one...more color.

Then again....I like looking at the colors!

That's sorta trippy. Can't say I've ever noticed that.

The only time I've gotten wrapper to get noticeably darker is when I rinse the cigar in water prior to smoking in cold, dry conditions.

Wilkey

The only time I've gotten wrapper to get noticeably darker is when I rinse the cigar in water prior to smoking in cold, dry conditions.

Wilkey

not sure if i read this wrong but huh?! rinse the cigar in water?

I'm probably just paranoid( I sure hope so anyways! :D ) but I've noticed that when I store my cigars in my new humidor that I've had about 2 weeks now after a couple day in there parts of the wrapper seem to go a darker color. Not a moldy color just a darker brown. They feel fine and they smell fine. I'm assuming they'll smoke fine and I'll find that out this weekend.
I guess my question is, is this normal?
My Rh is usually right around 65%

Your cigars have developed what we call "sploom" -- the oils from the cigar gradually seep into the wrapper, causing it to darken slightly.

Sploom is consider a sign that your cigars are ready to smoke, much like the way a Ballpark frank plumps when ya cook 'em.

Your cigars have developed what we call "sploom" -- the oils from the cigar gradually seep into the wrapper, causing it to darken slightly.

Sploom is consider a sign that your cigars are ready to smoke, much like the way a Ballpark frank plumps when ya cook 'em.
Oh my...

Uh oh, sounds major.
Kindly send me all your cigars for immediate disposal. :whistling:

Oh my...

Louis Kori taught me that one! :)

Oh my...

Louis Kori taught me that one! :)
Y'know, I was just thinking it had been far too long since a Sandman reference had been made. Well played, Andrew.