• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie to the Pipe

Big Stick

Intro to this section of CP

Been thinking of tring it for a little while
Was at my local B&M Friday and was talking to a Pipe smoker/ collector (Neill)
Full of info (We must of looked at 35 pipe)
Neill told me the best way to pick out a pipe is with a knowlegable pipe smoker
Had just picked up 2 opus A's and told myself Id wait til next week
Sunday I was back and picked up my new pipe, the one he suggested
Cost of set up $71.01

Real reason for trying the pipe. Neill had told me the wider range of Flavor in pipe smoking VS to cigars

Glad to be aboard :D

Welcome aboard. Just started last week myself. I think i'm going to like this new hobby. The only down fall is waiting 48 hrs between smokes to let pipe rest. Going snag a couple boswells soon. Hope you have as much fun as i am with it.

John

Welcome.. Im a noob too.. I've learned alot from this forum. The best thing I learned about was Boswell pipes.. They answered alot of questions for me and when I bought my first real pipe from them, they sent it with great samples of their tobacco..

The reason I started was I hated standing outside in the Philly winters to smoke a cigar. Pipe smell doesn't stick around in the house too long and actually smells great.. I didn't think i would enjoy it this much...

Welcome!

You'll do well to purchase yourself a few cobs for sampling different blends. I still use my cobs for the first few smokes of most blends "just in case". I'd hate to have a strong ghost from a distasteful tobacco in one of my briars. The cob allows one to sample away without worry.

My best advice (and I'm far from being an expert) is to just enjoy yourself. Find a packing method that works for you and don't get hung up on "methods" and the way everyone tells you how to pack your pipe. These are good starting points, but do what you need to do to enjoy and relax with your smoke. That is, after all, the reason for piping in the first place.

Good luck!

Welcome to the slippery slope!

I enjoy pipes more than cigars these days. The advice on some cobs is good. I have a few that see quite a bit of use.

Noob pipe smoker myself. All good advice. Do what works for you and enjoy.
Don't fight the re-light!!!

Mike