• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NEWEST OF THE NEWBS CONTEST

Doc Wylie

Curmudgeon
To commemorate my first year of membership on CigarPass, but more importantly in memory of a close cigar-smoking friend who passed away on Memorial Day, I am offering the gift of a nice fiver to one of you newest of the newbs out there. The deal is this...if your sign-up date on CP is between (and including) Monday May 25, 2009 through Thursday June 4, 2009... post something in this thread between now and sunday. On monday, I'll pick one of you at random... or maybe two if I feel generous enough..as the winner(s). Who knows? I may even select a special winner based on post creativity. :laugh:

Sweet, I joined just one day before the cutoff. I haven't posted much but lurk everyday damn near. Great place guys, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you wonderful folks at the 8 to 8 on the 21st.

There's something wrong with the board statistics. For some reason it says that I joined back in February, but I really just joined last week. Apparently it's tied somebody who must have been banned to my member name, and made me have post history and a picture of some good looking guy with nice hair in my profile. I've contacted Rod and he's going to refund me the $59.95 new member fee, and contact the 5 FOGS that I sent newbie packs too as part of my board initiation. He also told me that I was never required to dress up like a beedog...and apologized for that misinformation given me by some other abusive member(s) looking to take advantage of my newbieness. :whistling:

Oops! Had to correct my post...cutoff date was supposed to read May 25th ...not March 25th. My buddy passed away on Monday May 25th and that was the whole point of using that date. No problem though Aquaman and Nashkicker...I'll grandfather you in to the contest since you posted before I realized the mistake. Klipsch? I 'm not so sure, brother. If Rod gave you the newbie discount on membership fees I think you've been rewarded enough. :whistling:

I just read your post and was like "WOW" nobody can read OR add. :sign:

Then I just saw your month edit... Sorry... Carry on! :laugh:

BUMP!

C'mon you NEWBS. Don't be afraid to post in here. The FOGS won't getcha. :laugh:

WTF? :whistling:

Aren't there any new members out there willing to take Doc's free cigars?...he's got some very nice stuff! :thumbs:

To commemorate my first year of membership on CigarPass, but more importantly in memory of a close cigar-smoking friend who passed away on Memorial Day, I am offering the gift of a nice fiver to one of you newest of the newbs out there. The deal is this...if your sign-up date on CP is between (and including) Monday May 25, 2009 through Thursday June 4, 2009... post something in this thread between now and sunday. On monday, I'll pick one of you at random... or maybe two if I feel generous enough..as the winner(s). Who knows? I may even select a special winner based on post creativity. :laugh:
Damn this site can get aggravating! seems like I either havent been here long enough or now i have been here to long......just call me lucky!

I think I fall within those dates. Anyway it's a nice gesture and sorry for the loss of your bud.

Willis

edit: And congrats on your 1 year Doc...

5 hours to go. :whistling:
think about me!! I wanna participate in somthing......OK have i gravvled enough? Would you like me to detail your truck?Anything i can do to increase my chance of getting in on this let me know...

On a serious note I am sorry about your loss. Warm regards Bill

think about me!! I wanna participate in somthing......OK have i gravvled enough? Would you like me to detail your truck?Anything i can do to increase my chance of getting in on this let me know...

You're close enough Bill. You're in. :thumbs:

You're close enough Bill. You're in. :thumbs:
Doc,thank you!!! I couldnt be more pleased,and I will remember your thoughtfullness in the future. Again,thanks Bill

Since there were so few who responded, I decided to include everyone who entered the contest. I also invoked the secret rule that meant that for every post to this thread, the entrant received one ticket in the drawing. This resulted in bunn163A having 3 tickets in the box with AquaMan, Nashkicker, Klipsch (yes, I even included Klipsch :whistling: ) and slowride5551 each having one. I then had an unbiased and thoroughly disinterested co-worker select the winning ticket and the winner is:

Nashkicker

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who took the time to enter!

Nice play! I was actually going for "most original" :laugh: