• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

News from the fleet...

emodx

Banned
Hey guys, this is the our latest press release sent into the Key West Citizen:

THETIS REPATRIATES 84 MIGRANTS AS PART OF OPERATION COMPASSION

Port Au Prince, Haiti-- The United States Coast Guard Cutter THETIS (WMEC 910), a 270-foot medium endurance cutter homeported in Key West, FL., repatriated 84 Haitian migrants September 1st. The migrants were interdicted 28 August off the Coast of Great Inaugua, Bahamas by the CGC KODIAK ISLAND which is operating in conjunction with THETIS and the Royal Bahamian Defense Force as a part of Operation Compassion.

Operation Compassion is a concurrent Alien Migrant Interdiction Operation (AMIO) and Counter-drug Operation with U.S. and Bahamian assets. The governments of the United States and Bahamas have determined that significant illegal drug and migrant flow from Haiti through the Bahamas is a continuing and substantial threat to safety of life at sea and border security. To dissuade illicit migrant and drug trafficking and to dissuade migrants from taking this dangerous voyage, the United States Coast Guard and Royal Bahamas Defense Force have coordinated concurrent interdiction operations in the Windward Passage, north of Haiti.

The 84 migrants were recovered from a 21-foot sailboat that had left from the North coast of Haiti en route the Bahamas. When the Coast Guard arrived on-scene, the sailboat was foundering in 8-foot seas, posing a serious threat to the safety of all onboard. All 84 migrants were safely returned in good health into the custody of the Haitian Coast Guard

Emo

Great job Emo, keep up the great work brother.... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sounds like you guys have been busy!
Glad to hear they are all safe, keep up the good work :thumbs:

Gator

Sounds like you've been working hard. Light one up man and keep it up. Thanks to you and your ship mates.

Great to hear from you Emo! Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

emodx said:
...The 84 migrants were recovered from a 21-foot sailboat...
I'm suprised the boat went anywhere!

Nice job Emo :thumbs:

84 people on a 21' sailboat? That sounds harder to do that packing 12 people into a VW bug. They're probably not too happy you got 'em but I think they're lucky to be alive, good work emo.

Nice Emo,
Knowing you makes me feel a little better about the way SOME of my tax money is spent :p Good to hear from you and a big congrats on the job. :thumbs: