• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL Fantasy Team [QB] (who should I start?)

I have Peyton and have started him 2 weeks in a row. He is reliable and will give you consistent numbers. Right now I would ride the hot hand of Eli and plaxico. They are scoring some serious points right now. And the Bengals are in disarray right now So I think Eli has a better matchup fantasy point wise and could throw up some ridiculous numbers.

Im actually tempted to Start Aaron Rodgers this week instead of Peyton. I think he needs to get the rust out and start connecting more with his receivers for TD'S

I have Peyton and have started him 2 weeks in a row. He is reliable and will give you consistent numbers. Right now I would ride the hot hand of Eli and plaxico. They are scoring some serious points right now. And the Bengals are in disarray right now So I think Eli has a better matchup fantasy point wise and could throw up some ridiculous numbers.

Im actually tempted to Start Aaron Rodgers this week instead of Peyton. I think he needs to get the rust out and start connecting more with his receivers for TD'S

" ...the Bengals are in disarray right now"
Yup.
The only problem is the giants might run over them and need to throw as often.
But Plaxico will be open all day. Toomer might even be open as well.
Start Eli.

I was leaning towards starting Eli, it just seems weird to have Peyton on the bench.

How about this week?

Romo vs GB
Cutler vs NO
When you look at the matchups....Cutler, NO's Defensive backfield sucks

GB has very good DBs and a moderately decent pass rush....Romo could have his first tough day of 2008

I need help.
Peyton or Rodgers?

Ha... that's a tougher call than I thought. At first I was going to say you just don't bench Peyton EVER... but Rogers has been doing very well so far and last week the Eagles proved you can pass at will on the Cowboys defense.

But... I'm positive after last week the Cowboys have worked nonstop on their pass defense and they can get pressure to the QB which could fluster Rogers. The Eagles have one of the best O-lines in the league and they were still getting to McNabb. It's just that McNabb can instinctively make that quick sidestep to evade more easily than someone like Rogers can.

So if it were me... again... I just wouldn't bench Peyton Manning for anyone else. But I couldn't really argue too much if you did sit him for Rogers, but that's rolling the dice IMO.

What about Eli vs. Cinci or Philip Rivers vs. NYJ? Both are projected to net the same total number of points, but I doubt that'll happen.

I drafted each of them because I hate them. The rest of my team (minus the kicker, ex-Illini Neil Rackers) is composed solely of players named Jones, Johnson, Smith, and Williams.

Edit-->I just realized that my opponent has Plaxico. I have no idea whether I should go with Eli in order to hedge the Plaxico angle, or if that doesn't make any difference.

What about Eli vs. Cinci or Philip Rivers vs. NYJ?
Tough one...Rivers has a better arm and now has Chambers along side Jackson...Jet's D has been pretty good though.

Eli has Plax & Toomer but a less accurate arm...but going against one of the shittiest Ds in the NFL at home

Chargers NEED a win desperately and probably will pull out all stops to get it....the Giants have a healthier running game with 3 guys running well to fall back on. LT is iffy with the toe and Sproles can be stopped (small), even with his speed

Gun to my head, I'd probably take Rivers.

Thanks! Rivers it is. That's all I needed.

I'm the lone 2-0 team in the league and everyone knows of my draft strategy (only players named Jones, Johnson, Smith, and Williams other than at QB and K), so they're all itching to bring me down a peg or two...

I'm the lone 2-0 team in the league and everyone knows of my draft strategy (only players named Jones, Johnson, Smith, and Williams other than at QB and K), so they're all itching to bring me down a peg or two...
Good Luck Steve...let me know how you did next Tuesday.

Good Luck Steve...let me know how you did next Tuesday.

I got absolutely slaughtered.

Rivers was definitely the right call, but he was the only player of mine to exceed (or even match) his projected point total. In fact, he was the only one to score in the double digits.

I lost by the shameful score of 78 to 46.

I don't know which is worse--that score, or my other team (same draft strategy but a bigger league) losing by a hair to an absentee owner who started two defensive players that were cut before the season officially began.

Either way, it was a bad week for players named Johnson, Jones, Smith, and Williams. Except for Johnsons Larry and Rudi, who had their breakout games of the season sitting on my benches...