• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL Network vs The Cable Companies

sonuvabum

Boobies...'cause I likes 'em
If you are looking at this forum, you no doubt are familiar with the NFL Network flap.

Linky...

So, what do you think?

The rich get richer and the fan gets left with basically zilch unless he ponies up something extra.

Right?

Wrong?

Indifferent?

Talk to me.

It's all about greed. The NFL will sell out the fans in order to sell the rights to any game. They constantly move game times to better suit their revenue income possibilities. With no thought to the hard working guy who can afford to take his family to maybe one game a year. Then only to have his plans disrupted because the NFL can make more money by moving the game to prime time. The NFL network is just another example.
Instead of subscribing to a channel, I'd rather it be a pay-per-view thing. At least you'd be sure to see your team if you choose to spend the money.
But as long as we silently go along with it, nothing changes. It's all about the $.

I'll likely be watching the Pack/Cowboy game from a bar... because I dont think Charter even carries the NFL network in La Crosse. It might only be available on Dish or some BS.

I dont even subscribe to cable

I read somewhere that Time Warner was complaining because it would a $1 to everyones cable bill. ONE DOLLAR???? I get nickled and dimed to death by TW as it is. So my bill goes from $142 to $143...sheesh. add the channel already.

I think it will hurt the game; the Cable companies have established pre/post game crews that provide excellent analysis as and well versed play by play announcers. Unless the NFL network is ready to pony up money to get some of that talent away from FOX, NBC, ESPN then I think they should stick to the NFL Films / Rerun games.

The NFL Network is destined to fail, here is why.

1) Has to compete with ESPN: NFL Network would have been a great idea 20 years ago before ESPN and ESPN Classic
2) I have to pay for this: Not sure about everyone else but I have to pay for access to this network, not smart for the new Network if they want to increase viewer ship
3) Again Sports Center: NFL Network Shows "reruns" of NFL games, Isn't that what ESPN Classic is for?
4) Horrible Commentary during the game. My mom could provide better in-game analysis than Gumble and Collinsworth.

My mom could provide better in-game analysis than Gumble and Collinsworth.

I couldn't agree more, Collinsworth especially is aweful.

To make things even better, Week 17 on NFL Network, Patriots vs Giants, with the possibility the Patriots could still be undefeated...

I am standing with the cable companies on this (the only time I am on their side). Both the NFL Network and The Big Ten Network want everyone subscribing to basic cable to pay $1.50 a month, and thgat isnt fair to many non sports fans. If they insist on being in the basic tier they should charge 25 cents per subscriber to the cable co, who can offset that with ads. They want $1.50, go on a sports tier where those who want it will pay for it.

The Big 10 network had 1 Badger game that I wanted to see, but I'm not paying $18 a year for that one game. There are enough games on Espn, FSN, ABC etc. Big 10 basketball? No thanks.