• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicaraguan Rum for a Nicaraguan Cigar

Lost Carcosa

Ive tried Flor de Cana 18 year rum and their 7 year rum... big difference! Have you tried this? and what rum do you like better?

I tried most of their offerings at their factory, and the 18 is pretty f-ing good, man.

Flor de caña is pretty good. For Dominicans, try Matusalem, Brugal or Diplomatico, for Habanos try any Havana Club not Puerto Rican.

Pampero Anniversario, Ron Santiago, and El Pasador del Oro are some of my current favorites.

Flor de caña is pretty good. For Dominicans, try Matusalem, Brugal or Diplomatico, for Habanos try any Havana Club not Puerto Rican.
Puerto Rican Rum, Ron del Barrilito 3, 4 and 5 stars and Bacardi Reserva Limitada are pretty good.

Havana Club is club is good stuff, but the real stuff is better than the PR stuff imo. I've not tried Flor De Cana but have heard good things. Ron Zacapa Solera is pretty good stuff too. I've heard to stay away from the Zacapa XO stuff as its twice as expensive and not as good. The solera is nice over a little ice and seems to get better as you finish the glass.

Puerto Rican Rum, Ron del Barrilito 3, 4 and 5 stars and Bacardi Reserva Limitada are pretty good.
Bacardi solera. It has a pleasant dessert like finish. I don’t know if it’s still made.

Has anyone tried Plantation Rum Xaymaca Special Dry ($25)? I say it won a medal in SF this year and am thinking of trying it. Its a Jamaican rum so I apologize for the thread hack.

Ron Zacapa Solera is pretty good stuff too. I've heard to stay away from the Zacapa XO stuff as its twice as expensive and not as good. The solera is nice over a little ice and seems to get better as you finish the glass.
Zacapa is the only Rum I like. I have a bottle of the solera and the XO. The XO is good but for the money I will stay away from it next time.

Has anyone tried Plantation Rum Xaymaca Special Dry ($25)? I say it won a medal in SF this year and am thinking of trying it. Its a Jamaican rum so I apologize for the thread hack.
No experience with that one in particular but I do have a bottle of their 20th anni XO (total blind impulse buy) that has a wonderful nose. Brown sugar and ripe bananas. I'm actually surprised I've only had one dram of it in all this time.