• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nice find while on a trip in the Caribbean! Pictures attached.

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
So as everyone knows, while on a cruise, it is tough to find authentic Cuban cigars. I was on a week long cruise last week for my girlfriend's birthday and my graduation.. and let me tell you.. counterfeits EVERYWHERE. My first stop was Cozumel, Mexico. I was ecstatic leaving the ship to go to the duty free shop and get some Habanos.. but alas, they didn't have any. One of the gentlemen working asked me if I was looking for Habanos because I looked so disappointed there weren't any in their selection. So he told me to go to this shopping center not to far from port and to ask for "Jairo." So I trotted on over and found him. He took me to his "humidor" and showed me his selection. They were all fake. He had a "fake" section with the glass top Cohibas and a "real" section with the same exact cigars from the glass top Cohibas but in wooden boxes. I would have taken pictures but he didn't let me. I didn't want to call him out so I said no thank you and left. All his prices were exuberant, $20-$45 a stick for the Cohibas, Romeo and Julietas and Montecristos. Feeling defeated I went to the beach and just smoked a Dominican Cuesta-Rey Centario I bought at the duty free shop from the ship. The next day I arrived at Grand Cayman. I got off not really feeling the need to find another shop just to be disappointed a second time. However the port shops were beautiful (and much more legit looking than Cozumel's port shops) and lo and behold there is a shop! As per forum rules I can't disclose the name of the shop but it was the real deal! I went in and a white woman with a beautiful Caribbean (kinda Jamaican) accent greeted me. I was in heaven.. Habanos upon Habanos.. all the big brands and some small brands.  I was on a budget so I scoured through all the cigars to see what I could get. All her prices were at market with none of those American-tourist-can't-buy-Cubans-in-the-USA-so-because-of-supply-and-demand-I should-be-ripped-off-for-a-otherwise-fairly-common-cigar markups. I found a box of Romeo y Julieta Romeo No. 2 tubos for $65 USD and a Cohiba (sorry I can't remember what kind it was) a Bolivar No. 3 and a Quientero. I have never heard of the Quinteros but that baby was a GOOD cigar! in all I spent about $98 for 12 sticks. I did't take a picture of the two separate sticks because I smoked them right away, I did keep the labels though. All in all I'm happy with my find, and my almost full week of smoking Habanos in paradise! Happy graduation to me indeed.  

Louich knows something about those Quinteros. Maybe he can come in and help.

cigars&rum said:
You have quite the manicure, nice pics and haul.
Mannycure?  Did they do that on the boat in the spa?

grateful1 said:
Fakes!

;)
Obviously.  That big chit eating grin on his face would make you think he is happy about something.  Your not fooling anyone here. :D

I was in heaven I was literally smoking habanos the whole week.

I'm headed out on a cruise this April for the Caribbean for 4 nights. Looking forward to seeing the thieves and legitimate joints myself.