• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nice Sweet Wine

jstars10

I am looking for a nice sweet red wine. I do like ports and muscats but i am looking for a different kind. If anyone has suggestions on a sweet red wine I am open for all suggestions. Thanks ahead of time guys.....Joe

You might want to look for a Late Harvest wine, which does have residual sugar. Rosenblum is always a good producer if you can find them in your area.

Here's a fine example of what I'm talking about.

Edit: added link

:cool:

Welcome to CP. Why don't you fill out your profile and do an intro before picking our brains :)

No, I can't. I'm not a wine guy at all.

I don't see any change in your profile or in the intro forum. Have some coffee and see if you can get moving on that. ;)

Thanks AVB i will do that, you can still answer the question though.

I am looking for a nice sweet red wine. I do like ports and muscats but i am looking for a different kind. If anyone has suggestions on a sweet red wine I am open for all suggestions. Thanks ahead of time guys.....Joe

I saw this post on your viewing profile and though even old I was wondering if you still need help. Not to be rude but, you really ought to add some more info. about yourself on your viewing profile. That way everyone can know a little more about you.
The one gentleman that mentioned the late harvest wine was a good suggestion as those wines tend to have more residual sugar. Also, a full bodied fruit wine like Blackberry can have the same characteristics as a grape wine but, will still retain a sweet taste.
I make a Black Currant Wine that I can not seem to keep it around with friends and family always scarfing it up. It is what I call a semi red being a little darker than a white merlot. If you have a local wine shop go and ask them they can usually help. French Rose wines can b good you just have to specify that you do not want a dry one when buying.

Ask for red icewine