• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicknames

Big Worm

Commander Worm of the Southern Alliance
:D

Ok, seems like we do this every once in a while but we've had a lot of new members sign up and seems to me like there are an overwhelming amount of "regulars" on the board these days!!! :) :) :thumbs: Hey, you can't have too much of a good thing guys! :D Anyway, let's hear the story behind your username..or if your username is obvious...what's your nickname and how'd you get it?

I'll start with the first post.... :sneaky:

Big Worm....

I got this nickname when I had my first "real" job working as a detail guy at a huge local car dealership. Funny story, 19 year old kid gets to clean up all these cars and drive them about 12 miles, roundtrip, to fill them up with gas. Mostly new Hondas, Mazdas, Fords and the like but used vehicles also. Anytime we had a "hot" car i.e. Corvette, Porsche, 300Z, Lexus, Mercedes or the like...it was usually MIA...with the Worm attached. After a year or so of this behavior, the GM was waiting for me one day when I came back in from a "fill up" run in a 300ZX. He dubbed me with the nickname Worm, because I was just like a Worm, can't find him when you need him and sneaky like a Worm!!! Yep, that was...and still is when need be, me!! LMAO What's really funny about this nickname is that is was my Dad's nickname in High School and afterwards as well!!! Now, it seems like everyone calls me Worm and sometimes when we're both together, we both answer to it!!! :sign: :D Kinda' cool and corny at the same time.
Oh and BIG Worm....well, you'll have to ask my wife about that one..... :sign: :sign: :sign: ;) :sign: :p :p :sneaky: :lookup: ROTFLMFBWAO!!!

That's great!!LOL

All this time I thought maybe you were a big fan of the movie "Friday"...Big Worm was the neighborhood pot dealer...LMAO :p :p :p :p

Ok BW, I'll play in this one :D

A long time ago, I was a Compuserve Junkie. I did their Technical Support so I had a free account and I used it, sometimes 23 hours a day. At the time I was Ò¿ÓTAZ for a long time. Then I met my wife and we worked together so we talked a lot on AOL Instant Messager while we were at work, and we came up with names for each other, just for fun. She called me Brat a lot so she decided I should use Bratde98 like Brat - de (which I think is the word IN in some language ??? ) - 1998, thus BratDe98 which still is my AOL chat name. So when I came here and needed a screen name, I adopted Puro and tacked on the Brat, thus PuroBrat. Not real glamorous I guess, but it works.

OK so it was about as boring as watching worms mate (pun intended) but it is my story and I'm sticking to it :D

McPatrickClan

My family is originally from Ireland where we were the McPatrick Clan. We have traced our history back to 200+ years ago. We then moved to Scotland for one generation and then made our way to America. When the family arrived here, there was rampant discrimination against immigrants and so we dropped the "Mc" and the "rick" and went by Pate. Thus, my last name now is Pate.

I represent the McPatrickClan and am proud to be an American.

Tiresias is a character in the Oedipus trilogy of plays written by Sophocles. Oedipus pursues the prophecy of Tiresias that he will be responsible for the murder his father and unknowingly marry his mother. This singleminded pursuit of the prediction ultimately leads to Oedipus' downfall and brings a great deal of sorrow to everyone associated with him.

Father Tiresias is also mentioned in the song "The Cinema Show" by Genesis. It was from this song that I got the idea to use it as a handle. It doesn't have any deep meaning and isn't intended to be any kind of reflection of my personality. I was simply driving along one day listening to the song and thought that the name would make a good internet nick....just wish I'd spelled it right. :lookup:

i hear ya mcp, i am a tyree, which is a similar situation to your's, i am descended from the mcintyre's of the highlands that left for ireland only to find the potato famine and seek pasage to the U. S. After arriving they droped the mc and tyre tyree, tyra , and the like were birthed.

and for my nick name, nick is my name.... how f$#king creative is that.................. and as smokey's sitting on the porch waiting for big worm they look and ......."oh **** there comes deebo" LOL

You see, there is this...mmm.... thing sold by Adam and Eve called a "wascaly wabbit"........

Wascal

Grew up training and showing horses. Had to give it up when I turned family man. But I'll be back there again. This feller was born to work with the equine critters.

mine is my sign on at work. it's my initials(glenn wayne smith, god i hated hearing my mother call me that in front of my friends) and the 3 is because somewhere in our company there are 2 other gws's. (boring).

oh, and please try checking into a hotel with the name smith. :(
"yes sir but i'll need to see your id first" ???

nick said:
and as smokey's sitting on the porch waiting for big worm they look and ......."oh **** there comes deebo" LOL
:sign: :sign:

BEast...yeah, well, people have been known to call me Big Perm too, a few buddies in particular!! ;) :p

LMAO Hey look out it's Deebo..squeak, squeak, squeak... :sign:

Mine is the first initial of my kid's names with 'Dad' tacked on to the end.

N = Nick
E = Emily
S = Shaun
T = Tash
S = Samantha
D
A
D

:D

I think mine is fairly obvious... First name, middle initial, last initial

Dave William Frank
DaveWF

Other then that, I have no nickname... well mabe Geek, but only in close company when I'm fixing their computer :D

Dave ;)

Still trying to figure out why I use the one I use. ;)

OK I give. No one bit on the Adam & Eve thing. Makes you wonder if everyone is being nice or haven't a clue. :lookup:

Actually the Wife says I look like Elmer Fudd when I used to go hunting. I'd come back with the wabbit line, and it just became Wascal. It's even my tag on the car.

Wascal

I started using matalo a long time ago when I used to play online games. RPG's, blood and guts games, you name it, I played it.

matalo translates to kill him. I thought it sounded cool, so I used it and use it for most of my on-line usernames.

Wascal said:
OK I give. No one bit on the Adam & Eve thing. Makes you wonder if everyone is being nice or haven't a clue. :lookup:
:0
I thought about touching this one, but got scared :D

Nestsdad said:
Wascal said:
:0
I thought about touching this one, but got scared :D
Ditto!!

But I have seen the Wascaly Wabbit before in my A&E catalogue I am sure. ;)

OH God PB ................oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. :sign:

I started using matalo a long time ago when I used to play online games. RPG's, blood and guts games, you name it, I played it.

matalo translates to kill him. I thought it sounded cool, so I used it and use it for most of my on-line usernames.
The one I use for online gaming (Quake, etc.) is Soul Collector. I just didn't think that had the right connotations for this board. :)