• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No Code Seal on Cohiba Box

GilV

I was resently offered a box of Cohibas. On quick inspection I noticed that box lacked the Code stamp. Another tell sign was that the box was supposed to have been bought last year but it had the old Cuban Seal- the new harder to counterfit seal was sipposubly (SP?) introduced easly last year. The lady who was peddling the "goods" swore up and down that these were bought from a roller who worked in the factory hence the lack of the code stamp.Ever heard of a box wihtout the code stamp?

Sounds kinda fishy to me. Personally, I would stay away. Tell her you wanna sample a few before you decide. Like maybe a half a box.:)

"The lady who was peddling the "goods" swore up and down that these were bought from a roller who worked in the factory"Gil, you're too smart to fall for this.

Can you just buy a single and see how you like it? Too many scammers out there...Rod

She did give me one to try. I will light it up this weekend to "test" the goods. I don't expect much though like I said too many things point in the wrong direction. Under close inspection and using Cigarafisionado.com web site as a guide, the bands do seem original (I know that since the cigars did come from Cuba original bands are probaly easy to get there) but they do not line up with each other, as a matter of fact the bands vary widely in possition, most are very loose fitting on the cigars and the slide up/down easily. The box does have a thin cedar "plate or strip" that covers the cigars with the "Cohiba lady" and the word "COHIBA" underneath stamped in black but its VERY CROOKED (probably not as croocked as the lady peddleing the cigars LOL) and the finger notch is stright no slight curve to it.While the bands may be originals, I serious dought the cigars themselves come from the Cohiba factory.I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered the same issue. One thing to watch out for sure.

There is no way that a roller would make it out of that facotry with a box of cigars, not alive anyway. All of the boxes are stamped prior to being filled with cigars so even though they might be cuban "farm" cigars they difinately aren't legitimate Cohibas.

I know a guy who has a cousin...............and they are rolled on the thighs of virgins.Be afraid.................very afraid!

See Gil. You've gota read these things closer. As Smokeymo indicated ther was a code on the box. LMAO

I can answer this one from personal experience. When I fist started smoking cigars, a professor of mine had made a recent trip to Cuba and didn't smoke cigars, hence he wanted to sell me a box of Cohibas he bought there. I purchased them, smoked them. Some were good, some were bad. The box was perfect in every way...habano paper inside, stamp, EVERYTHING except the seal. The bands on the cigars were perfect matches on Cigar Af.'s website. Turns out, they really were fakes. Anything and everything sold on the street are fake...no questions. DON't BUY THEM, period. I learned from this and will never be suckered again. The prof. I bought them from was suckered too, he had no idea they were fake. He bought other kinds too from the same vendor-ALL FAKE. He probably spent a good &#36500 on fakes. Oh well, at least I've learned from it:)

Hi Guys, my name is Manuel Del Prado, I am a supervisor for the Cohiba factory in Havana, and I have read your coments in this website and this is what I have to tell you.

It is very hard to tell which is fake and which is not, the thing is that if you are going to buy cigars, you have to think of this, just because it say "Cohiba" or "Hoyos de Monterrey" on the ring, does not mean that they actually are Cuban, never purchase cigars on the street, if you are going to purchase cigars, make sure you get them in Cuba or Canada, from official websites.

Our government is working hard to track all fake cigars, last year alone wich confiscated around 750,000 box of Cohibas in Havana, France and Spain.

The next time you deside to purchase cigars, and do not want to fooled contact me at:

qbankid@hotmail.com

I will give you recomendations of sites you can purchase from.

Respectfully,

Manuel Del Prado
Cohiba Cigar Manufacturing
Habana, Cuba.

Just to make sure we give this guy an official stamp on this thread also.....

Watch out for SCAMMERS! This guy is bad news....stay away!

what are you trying to say Ken? I'm not quite clear on your point? :sign:

he is persistant.
kind of like jock itch! :D

(not that i would know what that feels like)