• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No Dough Pizza

MadMonk

I did this one using the Dough recipe. Tweaked a lot of the toppings to suit my own tastes. I like my meatballs sliced on top of pizza, or good ole Margherita. It was definitely worth trying.

NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!!
Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!!
For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Sounds Interesting. I'll Have To Try This Since It's Celiac Friendly.

My mother in law makes something like that, we use it as a Dip for Tostitos Scoops. Pizza dip!  looks good!

"No carbs" but 8 oz. of "full fat cream cheese?"  Yeah . . . that's SO much healthier!  :laugh:

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
"No carbs" but 8 oz. of "full fat cream cheese?"  Yeah . . . that's SO much healthier!  :laugh:

~Boar

Hah!

Yeah, I considered that, but figured a slice or two isn't too awful bad. May try it with neufchatel, next time. That's the rub with all this crap; Diabetic versus heart patients. The diets can be quite contradictory and if you suffer from both conditions, it really boils your noodle trying to figure out how to eat.

Have you tried it with low or reduced fat cream cheese? Stuff probably dries out too much and doesn't set, but I'm curious,

MadMonk said:

~Boar

Hah!

Yeah, I considered that, but figured a slice or two isn't too awful bad. May try it with neufchatel, next time. That's the rub with all this crap; Diabetic versus heart patients. The diets can be quite contradictory and if you suffer from both conditions, it really boils your noodle trying to figure out how to eat.

I'm at risk for gall bladder disease AND diabetes AND high blood pressure/heart attack from both sides of the family . . . and no thyroid gland (I'm on full replacement Synthroid dosage) but I've been able to keep everything but the blood pressure at bay with diet alone.  I can't eat cream cheese at ALL, full or reduced fat (or ranch dressing, fried chicken, bacon . . . *sigh) but Neuchaftel doesn't bother me a bit.  I was really, really happy to discover that, too---I love bagels and lox. 

So far with the diabetes risk I've been able to control that just by switching to stevia (I use the Truvia brand) for my ice tea and cutting back on but not eliminating carbs---no white flour, multigrain and vegetable pasta, brown rice, like that.

But with my body's response to fats, I look at these Atkins and now Paleo diets and think "Man, that'd go through me like it was shot out of a cannon."  :laugh:

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
I can't eat cream cheese at ALL, full or reduced fat (or ranch dressing, fried chicken, bacon . . . *sigh)
Now I know why your grumpy! My heart and diet feel sorrow for you!

Not A Nice Person said:
Fuck off, kid.  :rolleyes:

You should HOPE to live long enough well enough to be in as bad a shape as me.  :cool:

~Boar
+1

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/

I've done this a couple of times and it turns out pretty well.  You really need to squeeze the excess moisture out and everything else is down hill.

331550_460938063938544_216318745_o_zpse1b55bc3.jpg

I've done the cauliflower base done as well. It's delicious, but a bit of a pain to get enough liquid out of the cauliflower.

Thanks for the post... I made cauliflower pizza a few times over the last month and was about to give up on it.  I'll give this one a shot!