• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NO Gas

Are they finding barrells of oil? :sign: Perhaps, producing.

according to geoliogists... yes, finding. obviously they're not finding it in barrells, but it's a relational way of describing it. you can say 2:1 gallons, pints, whatever. pints sounds good... might have to have a few!

I've never seen the price of pastel colored M&Ms go up 25% before Easter. They just sell more of them at the same price, or a cheaper price.

so then regular price is technically a price raise, correct?

in relation to price, words are still just words IMO. the numbers are what matters.

Not that the price of pastel colored M&Ms are a big deal...but fix that quote, Garrett. tsmckenney said it, not me. :whistling:

Where is Chavez when you need him? Sometimes it feels like we are getting raped. :(

Are they finding barrells of oil? :sign: Perhaps, producing.

according to geoliogists... yes, finding. obviously they're not finding it in barrells, but it's a relational way of describing it. you can say 2:1 gallons, pints, whatever. pints sounds good... might have to have a few!

That was the point of my rhetorical question. Noone is really finding "barrells" of oil. Either producing barrells or finding deposits.

Again back to my original statement, the price of a barrel of oil is down, gas prices are up, this math dose not work. The whole oil is rare they can charge what they want isn’t going to work this time.

Amazing how off topic things can get - answer the guy, it's a simple question. ???

Brian

Again back to my original statement, the price of a barrel of oil is down, gas prices are up, this math dose not work. The whole oil is rare they can charge what they want isn’t going to work this time.

Amazing how off topic things can get - answer the guy, it's a simple question. ???

Brian

Such are the nuances and idosyncracies of a public forum. Go figure...shocking isn't it?

Seriously, a substantive answer is being sought for this question here? Arguably, such economic intracacies are not my forte, but I have come to some understanding that the present costs of barrells of oil do not necessarily impact present prices at the pump. The market, as I understand it, is not that lightning-fast responsive nor sensitive. Low prices of barrells today, may equal lower prices in the future at the pump, but there are numerous other factors which come into play (seasonal/summer demand, local competition, other events, etc.) that will also bear some relevance on the price at the pump.

While not gospel, this can perhaps be of some assistance:

Linky

Edited to add:

Linky 2

Linky 3

I get my gas from a station named THORTON'S and they pump nonmiddle east fuel, or so i'm told. I also believe that there are other gas companies that pump from sources other than the middle east. YMMV! :cool:

Most of our oil gets refined in Mexico then Canada I believe. I'm pretty sure a very small portion actually comes from the middle east.