• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NO Gas

Seavita

> >Passing it on, tell your friends.
> >
> >NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
> >
> >Don't pump gas on MAY 15th
> >
> >In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest
> >of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.
> >
> >On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station
> >in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
> >places.
> >
> >There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
> >network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
> >
> >If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
> >$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
> >pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on
> >May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil
> >industry for at least one day.
> >
> >If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
> >your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

Yeah, this has been around for quite a while now...at least, I've gotten more than my share of these emails forwarded to me.

It is interesting that gas prices are going up as summer approaches yet if you look in the paper barrels of oil are down. Whats the excuse this time?

It is interesting that gas prices are going up as summer approaches yet if you look in the paper barrels of oil are down. Whats the excuse this time?

They need more record profits this year... :rolleyes:
Rumor has it, gas will approach $4.00/gallon this "driving" season..I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to drive about the same amount all the time, and it is not specific to a "season".

I get my gas from a station named THORTON'S and they pump nonmiddle east fuel, or so i'm told. I also believe that there are other gas companies that pump from sources other than the middle east. YMMV! :cool:

It's hard to talk about gas without getting 'political', but I'll say one thing that we can all agree on. It's complete b.s. that every single holiday gas companies hike their prices way up. That seriously makes me wanna get postal. Whether it's Labor Day or Easter Sunday, Americans are hittin the trails to go spend time with their families and these c.cks.ckers are sucking their bloody fingers at the chance to make a few extra billion dollars.

We need a smiley dude with one of atucks AK's strapped to it's side. :angry: That one doesn't cut it.

edited: spelling due to blood rushing to the head.

Not that I like payin' close to $3.00 a gallon but...if yer one to complain so bitterly about it, how much should gas cost and why? "Cuz I don't want it to" isn't the answer I'm lookin' for.

It isn't just holidays up here, for us. It's seasonal as well. In winter, it's fuel oil, natural gas, and propane. In summer, it's tourist season with rental cars and RVs adding to the supply/demand balance. I'm just glad I don't live in the bush where the enormous transportation cost gets factored in on top of supply/demand pressures, commodity speculation, oil prices, and what-have-you. In some communities, the only way to get gas is by tanker plane...and they pay about $7.00 a gallon, last I heard.

I'm a working man and I HAVE to drive to work.
I work and live outside a major metropolitan area. Public transportation does not exist out here.
I drive 80 miles a day, 40 miles each way. That's just the way it is.
High gas prices cut into my bottom line. The more I spend on gas the less I have for other bills.

I just love the gas prices on my limited fixed income. It never compensates for how much every thing else goes up. Between the current gas prices as I predicted what they would be at this time frame and expect to see it hit over $4 a gallon this Summer and with them wanting to raise the min wage to $7.25 an hour....we are going to see prices jump several times this year alone. Gotta love fixed income. :angry:

Oh yeah....gas prices jumped nearly 20 cents in one day here. :angry:

Not that I like payin' close to $3.00 a gallon but...if yer one to complain so bitterly about it, how much should gas cost and why? "Cuz I don't want it to" isn't the answer I'm lookin' for.

It isn't just holidays up here, for us. It's seasonal as well. In winter, it's fuel oil, natural gas, and propane. In summer, it's tourist season with rental cars and RVs adding to the supply/demand balance. I'm just glad I don't live in the bush where the enormous transportation cost gets factored in on top of supply/demand pressures, commodity speculation, oil prices, and what-have-you. In some communities, the only way to get gas is by tanker plane...and they pay about $7.00 a gallon, last I heard.

If it was $3 a gallon before Easter weekend, then it should be $3 a gallon or less during Easter weekend. I've never seen the price of pastel colored M&Ms go up 25% before Easter. They just sell more of them at the same price, or a cheaper price.

People can choose not to buy pastel colored M&M's, they'll go with peanut butter cups instead. People don't have a choice when it comes to gas. So they get gouged by greedy pigs.

Ride the bus, or ride a bike.

I did that last summer and I saved a bundle of cash and lost a few pounds as well.

Rode the bus half way to/from work then my bike the last half. Took a bit longer than driving, but the money saved was worth it.

Just hoping my schedule works out this year so I can do it again.

if you adjusted the gas prices from 30-40 years ago for inflation, we'd be paying much more than $3 a gallon. this curve has been slower than most other things - thankfully.

my opinion is this... if it's too expensive, don't buy it. if you have to drive 20 miles to work everyday, realize you are the one who made that choice. when it becomes to expensive for you to drive that amount, you'll find change. maybe you'll get a raise (cost of living or other) or maybe you'll find another job. i can't afford to work in chicago while living in columbus, do i have a right to cheap transportation so i can? i don't think so.

i realize that exxon only trails walmart by a little in profits, but they are a company. they exist to make money. if you start a company, you're goal is to be profitable (to put it simply). when the market decides a price is too high, you'll lower your asking price, or you won't sell. it seems that the market for gas has a very inelastic demand. i guess it would be a good business to be in... economically.

BTW - did you know that we are now consuming 2 barrells of oil for every 1 barrell found? what's the MSRP for a gallon of gas? one could agrue it should be getting well over MSRP... similar to OPUS and Anejo :0

I've never seen the price of pastel colored M&Ms go up 25% before Easter. They just sell more of them at the same price, or a cheaper price.

so then regular price is technically a price raise, correct?

in relation to price, words are still just words IMO. the numbers are what matters.

edited: sorry p-creek... bad cutting

Ride the bus, or ride a bike.

I did that last summer and I saved a bundle of cash and lost a few pounds as well.

Rode the bus half way to/from work then my bike the last half. Took a bit longer than driving, but the money saved was worth it.

Just hoping my schedule works out this year so I can do it again.

I agree, however not all of us live in an area where that is practical. Unfortunately my home and work are separated by a highly congested mountain.

BTW, I've never understood the "striking for one day" thing. What does that accomplish? I know what we hope it will accomplish, but what does it actually do? So I (or for the sake of arguement all of the U.S.) don't buy gas on the 15th? Wouldn't that be offset by the purchases on the 14th or 16th? Just asking.

if you adjusted the gas prices from 30-40 years ago for inflation, we'd be paying much more than $3 a gallon. this curve has been slower than most other things - thankfully.

my opinion is this... if it's too expensive, don't buy it. if you have to drive 20 miles to work everyday, realize you are the one who made that choice. when it becomes to expensive for you to drive that amount, you'll find change. maybe you'll get a raise (cost of living or other) or maybe you'll find another job. i can't afford to work in chicago while living in columbus, do i have a right to cheap transportation so i can? i don't think so.

i realize that exxon only trails walmart by a little in profits, but they are a company. they exist to make money. if you start a company, you're goal is to be profitable (to put it simply). when the market decides a price is too high, you'll lower your asking price, or you won't sell. it seems that the market for gas has a very inelastic demand. i guess it would be a good business to be in... economically.

BTW - did you know that we are now consuming 2 barrells of oil for every 1 barrell found? what's the MSRP for a gallon of gas? one could agrue it should be getting well over MSRP... similar to OPUS and Anejo :0

Are they finding barrells of oil? :sign: Perhaps, producing. Only barrells of anything that generally get found, have things inside them that the person who put it there would have liked to have stayed buried. :laugh:

But, the point here is that OPEC has people by the short-hairs really. I mean, realistically, what's the alternative at this point? While biking, walking and public transportation are all noble, for many it simply isn't realistic. Many people also have to work wherever they can find a job...if that's living in Fresno and working in San Francisco (something I've actually read about), they commute. It's not only that, but people also often have to live where they can afford to buy/rent/whatever something that covers their head. That's another subject really, but it's not as open and shut as some might think. But, if the question is, "are low gas costs an entitlement?" I would definitely have to respond with a resounding "no."

I've never seen the price of pastel colored M&Ms go up 25% before Easter. They just sell more of them at the same price, or a cheaper price.

so then regular price is technically a price raise, correct?

in relation to price, words are still just words IMO. the numbers are what matters.

I'm not making any statements regarding the daily price of fuel. My comments are strictly in regards to holiday price gouging.

Again back to my original statement, the price of a barrel of oil is down, gas prices are up, this math dose not work. The whole oil is rare they can charge what they want isn’t going to work this time.