• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No taste or aroma on cigars

cryptoking13

I've been enjoying cigars for about a year and I've come up with a decent palate. About 1-2 months ago Ive been having issues where no matter what cigar I smoke, they all taste bland, like water/cardboard. I can't taste any pepper on any cigars, and I've tried some pepper bombs like Espinosa Murcielago, laranja escuro and some Punch, which I used to love but no pepper at all. They all basically taste like cheap cigars. I can't smell the sweet tobacco aroma anymore. I live in a very hot area where is about 120 degrees during the summer. I buy my cigars online and never had a problem with the quality until recently. But, I wouldn't know if the cigars went bad on transit or somehow I damaged my taste buds. My cigars are being kept in a good 70/70 cigar humidor as soon as they arrive by the mail. Has anyone gone through this issue?

You should go to the doctor if you have been 2 months without smell or taste! There isn’t anything I can think of that would cause that for that amount of time, that wouldn’t require a visit…
its only on cigars where that has drastically diminished. I had covid back on december and the cigar taste was different, more like ammonia and everything else tasted horrible too. I got better and was enjoying them cigars until this happened. Could also be allergies/flu but the issue its only on cigars

First off, welcome to the forum. Don’t forget to post an introduction!
Second, how often are you smoking? Some people go through this when they are smoking a lot, and benefit from a few days/weeks of taking a break from cigars.

First off, welcome to the forum. Don’t forget to post an introduction!
Second, how often are you smoking? Some people go through this when they are smoking a lot, and benefit from a few days/weeks of taking a break from cigars.
thanks. I am smoking about 1 cigar a day, I used to smoke about 3 when I was enjoying them. I have laid off for several days and pick them up again to see if I got better, but I have seen 0 improvement.

If you had Corona and this only happened after that, then it could be either your taste/smell has not fully returned or it has changed since the virus. I am not a doctor, just my opinion. I would go see your doctor and discuss

Well, I tried most of the recommendations and it hasnt worked great. Bought from different places. Humidor at 68% humidity and temp at 70 degrees. I'm suspecting allergies, for I have lots of trees and plants and when it gets windy, my sinuses get terrible. Stuffy nose, sneezing all the time.

well. i tried it all and found the solution, thank god. ive found out cigars were too humid. now i bought from different online retailers and found out the main one kept or the cigars became too humid during transit/ boveda packs. ive been dryboxing and also bought a box from the main retailer which came sealed with plastic. smoked one right away and it was perfect. i thought i was losing my mind but i glad it worked out and i hope this helps anyone out there.