• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noah's Mill Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey

Turk10mm

Just smokin
So I've been working my tail off for the last 3 months, and I had my meeting today about my bonus for the quarter. I'd say its good, but not enough if you ask me for the amount of work, hours, and sleepless nights I used up. So anyways, today, I left the office at 4 and actually had nothing to do tonight. Usually I do things even if they aren't needing done, its just my way, being a work-a-holic. Well today, I had zilch to do and the ole lady was drinkin beers with a girlfriend of hers.

So I randomly selected a bourbon. I figured I'd have a few glasses or five, so I grabbed something I haven't really drank off of much. Noah's Mill Kentucky Bourbon bottled at 114.3 proof. My particular bottle was distilled on 4/30/91 and was bottled on 1/22/07. So this bottle is a shade under 16 years old. Not bad for a $44 bottle of hooch, based on price on only. Now lets get to sippin!!

FYI, I paired this drink with a Vegas Robaina Famosas which is just about my all time favorite cigar right now.

This bourbon is a dark amber in the green bottle and seems even darker in a glass. It definitely looks delicious. The nose reminds me of Citrus, Mint, and Brown Sugar with maybe a touch of coffee. The first taste, straight, brings cinamon, vanilla, brown sugar and a long sweet finish. The alchohol bite isn't what you might expect from a 114 proof, but is still pretty strong. I dribbled a little water into my glass and everything is just right. The dribble brought the proof down, probably below 100 and really opens up the flavors. More pronounced brown sugar, vanilla, and that long finish are still present. I think a small amount of water is a must, its just not as good without it. But I wouldn't dare put a whole cube in it as it would muddy the spirity. There's a good complexity of flavors and an exceptional smooth finish as it is. There's a touch of wood and smoke, probably from the age in the barrel.

For 40 bucks, you can't go wrong with this bourbon. I'll definitely keep this as regular stock.

pic_noah_mill_bottle.jpg

Pretty similar to my review in 2004. When was yours distilled?

4/30/91. I did find your review right after I got the bottle, but I hadn't had much out of it till now. Good stuff for sure.

That stuff sounds fantastic thanks for the review and I just love the large proof whiskeys...