• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NOLA?

thevalkrye

uhh huh huh huh...member.
I will be in New Orleans for a few days at the end of the month. Any must see/do suggestions out there cigar related or other?

Gotta try an alligator po-boy, and a crawfish boil, walking the french quarter is a must but how much tourist stuff you want to do once you are there is up to you. The raised cemeteries I found interesting but I don't know what shape they are now in after Katrina.

I smoked one of the freshly rolled sticks from the Cigar Factory on Bourbon Street, too wet to enjoy.

The French Quarter is already planned and there is a craw fish boil going on the day we get there. I wanted to check out a cemetery tour as well as eat as much food as possible including po-boys, soft shell crab sandwiches and anything else I can get my hands on. There is a microbrewery there I wanted to go to but I forget the name right now.

I have added the Cigar Factory and Mulate's to my list as well as a bar called "Le Bontemps Roule" owned by a Mr. Pepper Keenan.

Mulate's is awesome. We go there everytime we go back. Last time I was in the Decatur location they told us we could bring our own drinks in and hang out. You have to add Cafe du Monde to the list and get some benigets. You should also get a handgrenade at Tropical Isle. It once was the most powerful drink in NO, but some locals say they have started watering it down. The Garden District down Magazine St. isn't bad either and has the cigar shop I would go to if you are going to buy. I thought most of the one in the Quarter were over priced. When I was in Crescent City Brewery on the last trip the beer wasn't very good, but that is just my opinion. Have a fun and safe trip.

Track down the tobacco exchange it was the best shop I found... Other places were quite expensive...also two sisters retaraunt is off the beaten path an is very good.

So much to see, so little time. There are nice places to visit down by the riverfront. Architecture, musicians, etc. I picked up a few cigars from the cigar factory and walked around for a while. It was really nice. Also, if you like nice restaurants you have to go to Commander's Palace. NOLA is also pretty nice. Enjoy your time there!

Brandon