• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non cigar related question

bigdan1173

Hey guys! I have a non-tobac question.
I'm trying to learn how to use "frontpage" and have been having some trouble making anything but the crappy templates that come with the program. Does anyone know a good users guide that will help a novice FP user get a decent website up and running? Thanks!!

As a matter of fact, I do!
I've been wanting to expand what I've been able to do so far at www.DWFComputers.com and found this book:
How to Do Everything with Front Page 2002 by David Plotkin
The list price is $24.99
I got it at Barnes & Noble bookstore but you can also get it at www.osborne.com
Check out the bonus downloads here
The Chapter 1 & 21 downloads are EXACTLY the style of writing you get in the book - so if you find it easy to understand, then you're ready to go. BTW, Chapter 21 is a bonus chapter available only online.

Let me know if this helps.
Good Luck!
Dave :thumbs:

By the way, check out www.DWFComputers.com to see what a little modification to one of the "crappy templates" can do.

Not to toot my own horn or anything..... :D

That's great. I wouldn't have thought your site was a frontpage site!! I'll try and download the chapters and see if they are on my level or not.

Thanks!!

Chapter 21 is the last chapter in the book, so expect it to be more advanced then you're ready for right off the bat! I'm just getting Chapter 10 (Forms) which is the primary reason I bought the book. Damn, it really looks much easier then I expected it to be. Be on the lookout for better forms in the future.

Oh, the What's New section of my site is NOT FrontPage. It's a little PHP program I dropped into a frame - but I'd be happy to share it with you if you're intersted.

So what's the site you're working on, anyway?

Dave :p

I have a FrontPage CBT CD..send me your addy and I'll try to get it out to you. I need to go down to the PO anyway with Capt'ns winnings.

Dang sorry I didn't print any of my instruction guides.

I teach FP - whoda thunkit?

HB

That's great horse. I really appreciate it. I'll pm you my addy later.

i definitely need a computer class!!!!!
i have no idea what you geeks ( and i mean that affectionatly) are talking about.
but i'm damn interested!! sounds like cool sh!t.