• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non Cuban Box Codes

Big B

Hey all,
I was in my local B&M and saw they had a box of Punch Rare Corojo's. I was trying to figure out the year these particular smokes and couldnt figure it out. The code on the bottom of the box was, 9 H I. How do you read these?

Most non-cuban cigar boxes that are dated simply use the date with no factory code. Counterfeiting is not nearly the problem with NCs.

Hey all,
I was in my local B&M and saw they had a box of Punch Rare Corojo's. I was trying to figure out the year these particular smokes and couldnt figure it out. The code on the bottom of the box was, 9 H I. How do you read these?

Prolly not a box code....as far as date and such go.

If your B&M gets the Punch direct, have them ask the rep..

I thought they would simply have a date on the box as well but they dont. All that was on the bottom of the box was, 9 h i. I was hoping there was a standardized method of stamping the bottom of the boxes and each number or letter stood for something as in a year. I asked my B&M but they dont know. They sell cigars but have limited knowledge, kinda like me.

I thought they would simply have a date on the box as well but they dont. All that was on the bottom of the box was, 9 h i. I was hoping there was a standardized method of stamping the bottom of the boxes and each number or letter stood for something as in a year. I asked my B&M but they dont know. They sell cigars but have limited knowledge, kinda like me.

PM or email JimD.

I'll ask my local shop owner, I gotta run by there today. I'd assume, though, it's probably a code for whoever packed the box, not a date code.