• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non Flavored Beer

huskerMike

This is a new twist on the flavored beer. Have you ever tasted a certain flavor in a beer even though that ingredient is nowhere to be found in it?

I brew an amber steam beer that, IMO, is really good. This last time I put it in the keg and it has a fruity taste. Almost citrus like. There is not a hint of fruit in the recipe. ??? It must have been my mood that night because tonight when I get back to it, it tastes like usual.

Anyone else ever experience this? ??? No, really! Am I crazy?

I have this happen before too. You probably ate something fruity earlier, and the beer brought out that fruitiness that was on your palette.

I bought this beer last week called McTarnahans Cream. It doesn't have any coffee in it, but it sure tastes like coffee. Very good in my opinion.

- Rod

Or maybe it was just a funky bottle. Sometimes if beer sits in direct sunlight for an extended time the flavor will change some. Something to do with the active yeasts interacting with the sunlight.

Emo