• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noob-on-Noob Go-To Stick Giveaway w/ old-school video game twist

Jaster

Resident Who-Dat
Just starting out? Me too! Try some of my faves!

To pay it forward after xerais generously decided to send me a care package (http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=50248), I'm holding a little contest to give away a small 5-pack sampler of some of my "Go-To" sticks. This is aimed for fellow noobs that are just getting their feet wet and would like to try some good inexpensive cigars. So if your humidor is packed with the likes of WOAM's, VSG's, and Opus X's, please step back and let someone who's just starting out get in on this. :)

My own little humidor is NOT packed with WOAM's, VSG's, and Opus Xs's, so I can't provide that type of prize, but here's what I'm thinking, off the top of my head:

- 5 Vegas Gold
- Rocky Patel Vintage 1992
- Rocky Patel Edge
- Padron 3000 Maduro
- 5 Vegas Series 'A'

That should give a good spread from mild to full of some quality inexpensive cigars that I've enjoyed (and hope you will too).

Rules:
1. You have more than 20 posts & have been a member for less than 6 months (just to demonstrate that you're an active noob :))
2. Preferably if you haven't tried the above sticks already
3. The twist: Post your favorite old-school (pre-Playstation) console video game (a screenshot would be a bonus just for nostalgia value).

First one to hit on one of my old favorite games from back in the day who also meets the above criteria gets the 5-er.

Have fun and good luck!

The Legend of Zelda one of my fav's

legend-of-zeldafirst.jpg

thelegendofzelda.gif

Pretty cool Giveaway you've got going... I'll be watching purely for the nostalgic bonuses!

Nice contest!
Please do not include me but I just want to post this!!!
strider_nes.jpg

Mega_Man_2_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Mega_Man_2_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

Given that I still pay a lot of old vintage games....I'm going to go off of consoles and say....

Oregon Trail on the Apple II and Apple IIe...Big Nostalgia for most anyone that went through 1-5th grade in the 80s or early 90s

oregon_1_large.jpg

EDIT: Adding pics.
ca_dysntery.jpg

FYI: This game is HYSTERICAL (ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S ALCOHOL) during a party and gets everyone playing...Trying to hunt when your drunk is worth the price of admission. Whenever my wife and I throw get togethers we always end up playing at least 1 round which takes a good hour+. Oregon Trail on a 52" LCD with Alcohol. Fun times.

I racked up many hours on this game back in school during the late 80s.

Great idea!

I've been a big motorhead ever since the good 'ol days of Excite Bike :cool:

excite_bike.jpg

FYI: This game is HYSTERICAL (ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S ALCOHOL) during a party and gets everyone playing...Trying to hunt when your drunk is worth the price of admission. Whenever my wife and I throw get togethers we always end up playing at least 1 round which takes a good hour+. Oregon Trail on a 52" LCD with Alcohol. Fun times.

I racked up many hours on this game back in school during the late 80s.

NO YOU DO NOT! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Remind me to go to your place when you throw your next party! I loved that game in "Computer Education" class in Jr. High!

For mine:

hogansalley.png

Hogan's Alley: Duck Hunt for Badasses.... :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcO0Gu37NhE

Wow, lots of good stuff guys! Keep 'em coming -- it ain't over yet!

I'm gonna say: Final Fantasy III.

ff3_screen002.jpg

ff3_screen001.jpg

I know it's my favorite.

Awesome contest.

Don't know how many played this game but i loved it 5er for first to identify game.

Legendary_Wings_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

Legendary_Wings_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

lwings.gif

NO YOU DO NOT! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Remind me to go to your place when you throw your next party! I loved that game in "Computer Education" class in Jr. High!

For mine:

hogansalley.png

Hogan's Alley: Duck Hunt for Badasses.... :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcO0Gu37NhE

I don't know you that well....but something told me it was going to be something with Duckhunt or Hogan's Alley ;).

As far as our place goes....

Dude....Always invited. My Bar is open to you. We seem to often revisit the vintage systems during our parties. People always ask to play for some reason. Then a smoke on the Balcony (which faces the TV so you can smoke and play with no problems)

I have complete sets of Games for

NES/SNES/N64/Gameboy/Gameboy Advanced/Famicom/Super Famicom/ Virtua Boy

Atari 800/2600/5200/7800/Lynx/Jaguar

Turbo Graffix 16 / Turbo Duo / Turbo Xpress Portable

Neo Geo

Commodore 64/128

Intellivision

Coleco Vision

and over 6000 Arcade games via MAME32

I have controllers for each of these systems including a dual arcade stick for those into the Arcade games.
Sega Master System/Genesis/Mega System/Sega CD/Saturn/32X

Damn Im a friggin nerd.....I'm now wondering how I snagged a hot wife...

If we're allowed to do multiple posts...then submit this as well...if not...oregon trail is my submission.

Mike Tyson's Punchout
Tyson.jpg

1063148014-00.gif

and the original arcade punchout

ARCADE%20punchout%20screen1.png

I still remember the Tyson code
007-373-5963
Holla!!!!!!!!!!!!