• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noob-on-Noob Go-To Stick Giveaway w/ old-school video game twist

Gotta go with......

chrono_trigger1.jpg

Chrono_Trigger_SNES_ScreenShot2.jpg

I told myself I'd let this go for at least an hour, so after careful consideration...

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I'm gonna say: Final Fantasy III.

ff3_screen002.jpg

I know it's my favorite.

Awesome contest.

FF3 was, and still is, without a doubt, my all-time favorite game. :) Fantastic story, great characters, awesome graphics, and just tons of fun. Spent WAY too much time playing it back in the day. Good call!

Q, PM me your address, and your prize will be in the mail.

Thanks for playing, everyone! (And feel free to keep posting up your favorite games just for fun and good old nostagia)! :)

Dammit! I don't have 20 posts....*makes note to blindly post in every thread, saving for next contest*

How about LodeRunner I / II. Anyone here remember those?

Ah...my Apple IIE.

Great contest. I am Trey's green eyed monster of jealousy that I didn't win!

T

Oh yeah. I STILL have my Apple IIe with the green screen and dual disk drive. Just couldn't give it up. Still got all the disks and everything as well.

A friend of mine has a pretty good video game collection. He's got some console collections, etc and a few stand-up arcade games.

sep07.jpg

This is inside his house. I think he has about 20 games and 2 pinball machines. Those are just his restored games. He probably has 50 more waiting to be restored.

Oh yeah. I STILL have my Apple IIe with the green screen and dual disk drive. Just couldn't give it up. Still got all the disks and everything as well.

A friend of mine has a pretty good video game collection. He's got some console collections, etc and a few stand-up arcade games.

sep07.jpg

This is inside his house. I think he has about 20 games and 2 pinball machines. Those are just his restored games. He probably has 50 more waiting to be restored.

That's not the one inside the Barn is it? If so I remember reading an article on that place. The carpet looks really familiar which is what jogged the memory.

If not..then disregard it. ;)

Woo-Hoo I won!! Thanks for the contest Jaster that was cool. Thank God I'm not the only geek here at CP. I have played every single one of the games we've listed. I'm actually in the middle of another FF3 game on my GBA right now. I can't get enough of that game. Thanks again for the sweet contest!

And Souldog I never pegged you for a Hogans Alley fan :whistling: Weird I know.

epiphany - no, that's a different one. Those people basically recreated a complete 80's arcade in a something like a 40' x 80' building. The carpet was sourced from the same place IIRC. It's got flourescent graphics so when the black lights are on it looks badass.

Given that I still pay a lot of old vintage games....I'm going to go off of consoles and say....

Oregon Trail on the Apple II and Apple IIe...Big Nostalgia for most anyone that went through 1-5th grade in the 80s or early 90s

oregon_1_large.jpg

EDIT: Adding pics.
ca_dysntery.jpg

FYI: This game is HYSTERICAL (ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S ALCOHOL) during a party and gets everyone playing...Trying to hunt when your drunk is worth the price of admission. Whenever my wife and I throw get togethers we always end up playing at least 1 round which takes a good hour+. Oregon Trail on a 52" LCD with Alcohol. Fun times.

I racked up many hours on this game back in school during the late 80s.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Hmmm, I may have to do another old-school VG contest sometime. Looks like a lot of folks would be down for that.

Cool thread! Even though contest is over (and was not qualified), I wanted to add my two all time favorites. Anyone remember these:

Biplanes from intellivision
bp.gif

And Star Raiders from atari 400/800

sr.gif

You could have a high-score contest. Or to be more fair, a decathlon. My buddy does this every year for the Vegas Classic Gaming Expo. They pick 10 old-school games, and you play each one and you are scored on a percentage scale for each game, then your percentages are averaged out to get a winner.

I say, have a NES Castlevania contest! That would rule, because I would win. I can play Castlevania endlessly, rolling the score over may times.