• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not a bad B&M...

fegbri

fegbri
OK. So My parents got me a GC for my B-day to Holt's. I decided to go to the NE Philly one after work. Well I must say it was the most impressive selection with LOW prices I have ever seen. They had 5 different sizes of Opus X at MSRP (or real close) and a box of Oliva V Maduros. Here is what I got:

Opus X Fuente Fuente
Casa Magna Robusto
2 Oliva Serie V MADURO torpedo
2 Oliva Serie V Belicoso
Joya de Nic Antano Robusto Grande
My Father #1
2 AB Tempus Terra Novo

All for.......72.35 plus tax!!!!

I did not think that was bad. The Opus was 9.50!

Overall I was a happy camper with this B-day present! Holt's isn't that bad if you don't get involved in all the politics I guess. But I am just a newb :cool:

Brian

Sounds like a nice birthday present to me. Happy birthday.

Thanks. Oh, and I did check out the Padron legacy gift set. It is in a cheesy holts box that doesn't even fit the cigars nicely. Very wierd!

Brian,

Curious to know what you think of the Casa Magna. I recently started carrying them and I LOVE them. This is the first time I saw a CPer talking about it. Anyone else had one that wants to chime in?

Nice haul, Brian. Happy Birthday and enjoy!

It came highly recommended to me. Said it had the good strength and flavor, minus the pepperiness. I will let you know when I smoke it.

OK. So My parents got me a GC for my B-day to Holt's. I decided to go to the NE Philly one after work. Well I must say it was the most impressive selection with LOW prices I have ever seen. They had 5 different sizes of Opus X at MSRP (or real close) and a box of Oliva V Maduros. Here is what I got:

Opus X Fuente Fuente
Casa Magna Robusto
2 Oliva Serie V Belicoso
My Father #1
2 AB Tempus Terra Novo

Overall I was a happy camper with this B-day present! Holt's isn't that bad if you don't get involved in all the politics I guess. But I am just a newb :cool:

Brian

It sounds like a TERRIFIC stop to me.

I guess the 2 hour trip to Phila might be worth it if I can find the time and the gas ... well ... unless I'm there for something else ... maybe not! LOL

Still, it sounds like a great buy to me.

It does wound like a great trip, good for you and Happy Birthday.

Opus X Fuente Fuente
Casa Magna Robusto
2 Oliva Serie V Belicoso
My Father #1
2 AB Tempus Terra Novo

Brian

It sounds like a TERRIFIC stop to me.

I guess the 2 hour trip to Phila might be worth it if I can find the time and the gas ... well ... unless I'm there for something else ... maybe not! LOL

Still, it sounds like a great buy to me.

Considering I took the plunge for my buddy to pick up 2 OpusX PerfeXcion No. 2's for me from Casa Fuente at $30 each along with some Case Fuente Robustos and Double Robustos, needless to say next time I spring for the former, I am calling on one of you BOTL's close to there to do some shopping for me.

Brian,

Curious to know what you think of the Casa Magna. I recently started carrying them and I LOVE them. This is the first time I saw a CPer talking about it. Anyone else had one that wants to chime in?
Nice haul, Brian. Happy Birthday and enjoy!

I've had a couple of these, and for the most part they are a quality cigar that I would smoke again. My main problem with these is that all had a very, very tight & dense roll which led to them all having a firm/tight draw. The flavors, however, were good. Nice price as well...my local B&M had a sale for 30% off boxes or buy three get one free. Needless to say, I jumped on quite a few.

No WOAM's. This was the NE Philly one, not the center cty one. They said the AF Maduros and Anejes were coming in a few days...

THe B&M I work at carries the casa magna. It is a great stick. Excellent contstrucition, great even burn, beautiful wrapper, and the flavors are wonderful as well. Also, they are in the 5-6 dollar price range which is even better. I would highly recommend giving these a shot, they are often overlooked but could easily become a good everyday cigar IMO.

I didn't realize there was ill will towards Holt's here? What did I miss?

Stems from their lack of class in one of their promotional sales brochure. He bad mouthed Padilla, while praising Pepin. There is a thread out there. He since has printed a retraction, but a little to late to repair the damage.

I went the other day to Holt's when Gary was in town.