• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not enough Tatuaje sales.

KusoJijii

in your humidor
Says my local B&M. I stopped today to pick a couple sticks while having a flexpipe sublet out on a customer's car. All the Tatuaje were gone from the shelves. I asked what happened to them and she told me they just didn't sell enough so they aren't stocking them any longer.

I hate living in the middle of Iowa in a liberal city, the only thing sold around here are flavored cigars for blunts. Guess I need to make a road trip to Des Moines.

I would say good, they stocked other brands they didn't have before like Baccarat in the Tat's place on the shelf. It's part of a chain of Tobacco Outlets and this one happens to have a nice walk in humidor. Sometimes it's a little too humid in there and I have found unwrapped cigars with a bit of mold.

Says my local B&M. I stopped today to pick a couple sticks while having a flexpipe sublet out on a customer's car. All the Tatuaje were gone from the shelves. I asked what happened to them and she told me they just didn't sell enough so they aren't stocking them any longer.

I hate living in the middle of Iowa in a liberal city, the only thing sold around here are flavored cigars for blunts. Guess I need to make a road trip to Des Moines.
I was told the same thing when I was down in Florida last. A smaller store in St. Augustine stopped carrying them as well because they didn't sell.

There's always Mark, Isy, Gabriel, Chris, and Jim.

I do get 90% of my sticks online, either from brother's sales or from vendors. I was just next door, had time to kill, and had a hankering for a Tat.

Guess I need to start carrying my cigar caddy more often.

:)

I had the same happen in my store. When I started with Tat, I carried the Browns, Reds, and Cabaiguans. Then the LRs came out. Now, I only have the LRs. I sat on browns AND reds for a LONG time and they weren't moving. I offered in store customers special deals on them in order to get them to try them. They did, but weren't coming back for them. Meanwhile, the LRs fly outta here. But don't get me wrong. I always liked the Browns just as much as the next guy. But I can't carry what only I enjoy. If they continued to sell, I would definitely be carrying them.

I had the same happen in my store. When I started with Tat, I carried the Browns, Reds, and Cabaiguans. Then the LRs came out. Now, I only have the LRs. I sat on browns AND reds for a LONG time and they weren't moving. I offered in store customers special deals on them in order to get them to try them. They did, but weren't coming back for them. Meanwhile, the LRs fly outta here. But don't get me wrong. I always liked the Browns just as much as the next guy. But I can't carry what only I enjoy. If they continued to sell, I would definitely be carrying them.

So Isy does that mean you have an aged stash of browns and reds to get rid of at ridiculous prices to CP brothers??? :whistling:

PJ

So Isy does that mean you have an aged stash of browns and reds to get rid of at ridiculous prices to CP brothers??? :whistling:

PJ

I did....and I have, PJ. Sorry, brother.

At least they tried. The mass consumer market prefers stuff cheap and uninspiring. Look at how many places sell Bud/Miller/Coors by the truckload and struggle to sell anything as 'exotic' as a Sam Adams. Thank goodness there's always the internet and cigars are small and light enough to be shipment friendly.

PJ

Issy you never have to be sorry, you always take great care of the CP family. :thumbs:

PJ

PJ

Issy you never have to be sorry, you always take great care of the CP family. :thumbs:

PJ

Thank you, Sir!

PJ

PJ

x100 there Isy!!! I think it's about time to make another "purchase"!

I think I may Isy's farthest customer in the USA
sign.gif
Even Jim's too
laugh.gif

I can see why no one is buying them. A few people I have spoken to have raved about them, but when I tried the red and brown it was shortcoming. I just they were just to hyped up and not to mention the price for the black label is not cheap, overprice IMO.

I can see why no one is buying them. A few people I have spoken to have raved about them, but when I tried the red and brown it was shortcoming. I just they were just to hyped up and not to mention the price for the black label is not cheap, overprice IMO.

I'd say you are in the minority with this opinion!

I agree....the Black label is nothing like the red or brown. And I find the price of the black to be on par with any other cigar of equal quality. What was it....$13 a stick? in the jar?

Its pretty obvious that most people don't agree with him considering the sales at most places.

Different shops in different areas just have different collective tastes. Things that fly off the shelves in one part of Houston may not move at all in another.

Its ok that he doesn't like them, it leaves more for us ;)

Its pretty obvious that most people don't agree with him considering the sales at most places.

Different shops in different areas just have different collective tastes. Things that fly off the shelves in one part of Houston may not move at all in another.

Its ok that he doesn't like them, it leaves more for us ;)

Oh believe me I'm not complaining. I wish there were more people like him. There'd be less chaos when Pete releses sticks.

Back