• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not Funny. Not funny at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the real question here is if bargain-bin $1 a case Maxi-Pads are acceptable packing materials. Cheaper than peanuts and bubble wrap... and if your package gets caught out in the rain, your sticks stay dry!

No, I'm not serious.

:sign:

Just lightening the mood.

So B.B.S., I know you said you weren't going to comment any further and that you wanted to move on, but just out of curiosity...... have you accepted MandyPi's apology?.... and are you still returning the bomb? I'm just curious, that's all.

It's nice to see some apologies around here that aren't filled with "buts" and other nonsense.

I hope people realize that it's not necessarily the goof up that can kill you around here (in many cases. Some things are beyond the pale.), it's how you react. Put/Takes in a pass or a mistake in a trade or something of that nature isn't going to get you hammered unless you react poorly to the valid criticism.

Handle your business in a responsible manner, that's all that is asked around here.

So B.B.S., I know you said you weren't going to comment any further and that you wanted to move on, but just out of curiosity...... have you accepted MandyPi's apology?.... and are you still returning the bomb? I'm just curious, that's all.
Fair enough; let's put this to bed once and for all.

The smokes went out last night and are on their way back. I do accept his apology and am hoping everyone moves forward from this. A mistake was made, I made a point in return, and that should be the end of that. There are, however, a couple of points I'd like to make before we call this good.

First and probably foremost, I had no idea what this was about. I hoped it was a bad joke, but wasn't sure if this was someone trying to tell me to "f#@k off, asshole" or what. I really didn't know. I said so in my first post.

Secondly, I sent MandyPi a PM asking what's up, and four BOTL's I respect PM's asking what they'd do. Yes, MandyPi's PM was pretty terse and I told him the sticks were coming back. In the time it took me to pack up and label the sticks for their trip home, I had replies from every one of the four BOTL's I sent them out to, with no reply from MandyPi. More than one of them recommended that this be brought out in the open. I agreed and after their input that's what I did. I did it so that folks could learn from it. I did not do it to run someone off the island. An error in judgment was made, I made my point, and that should be that. I'm fine on this side of the keyboard and you all should be too. This was, as I like to refer to it, a "SILO" moment......a Self Induced Learning Opportunity.

Lastly, my PM inbox is almost full of very sincere apologies. I really thank all you guys for wanting to keep this on the level. I mean that. However, more than one of them said "we'll make this right" and the truth is I'd feel awkward if pile of sticks showed up over this. You guys all have your hearts in the right place, and there are lots of "targets of opportunity" out there. Proceed to proceed, with a bit of learning as the worthwhile take away from this.

That, I sincerely hope, is the end of this.

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

I received an unsolicited, heartfelt, no BS apology from mandypi. My honor is satisfied. There will be no duel.

Doc.

I received an unsolicited, heartfelt, no BS apology from mandypi. My honor is satisfied. There will be no duel.

Doc.

:laugh:

I did as well. Very nice gesture from him, but totally unnecessary for me.

BSS….Thank you for accepting my apology. It was a dumb move on my part and I hope you understand that I in no way meant it to be a “f#@k off, asshole”. I would not express that sentiment to anyone that I did not know or that had never done anything to me. I thought you would laugh….that’s all…nothing else was meant by it. This experience has definitely been a learning experience.

Lastly, I don’t know if you have placed me on “ignore” but I am sending you something extra nice. As a man of honor, you will probably not accept it, and you may even ask that I don’t send it. But, I ask that you accept it and enjoy it on my behalf. You may feel that this is over, but I need to do this to be alright with myself and to set things right.

Sincerely,
MandyPi

BSS….Thank you for accepting my apology. It was a dumb move on my part and I hope you understand that I in no way meant it to be a “f#@k off, asshole”. I would not express that sentiment to anyone that I did not know or that had never done anything to me. I thought you would laugh….that’s all…nothing else was meant by it. This experience has definitely been a learning experience.

Lastly, I don’t know if you have placed me on “ignore” but I am sending you something extra nice. As a man of honor, you will probably not accept it, and you may even ask that I don’t send it. But, I ask that you accept it and enjoy it on my behalf. You may feel that this is over, but I need to do this to be alright with myself and to set things right.

Sincerely,
MandyPi

Way to man-up Mandy..... I've been on the edge of my emotional component all morning. :sign:

Sincerely,
MandyPi
As I said in my post, I have accepted your apology and I meant it; nothing more need be done. If you feel the need to do more, there are lots more deserving targets out there than me, and there are always the guys running the "Cigars for the troops" efforts that get sticks to the men and women serving our country. It's all good here.

Time to move on, guys, this is done..... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Very nice to see this end up the way it did.

One question though, will this be on the exam? :D

One question though, will this be on the exam? :D
Hell yes it will be on the exam. Hope you took notes.

Sister Mary Angry will be administering the test and that crabby old lady will be bringing her steel ruler to smite the inattentive about the knuckles and back of the head.

..... :laugh:

Rock on, guys - B.B.S.

Hell yes it will be on the exam. Hope you took notes.

Sister Mary Angry will be administering the test and that crabby old lady will be bringing her steel ruler to smite the inattentive about the knuckles and back of the head.

..... :laugh:

Rock on, guys - B.B.S.

Awww man, I don't like getting hit on the back of the head.

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='645645' date='Apr 5 2008, 01:35 PM']Oh God... the warm fuzzies, they're everywhere! :p

Now don't you love a feel good thread? :D[/quote]

Alright...... let's hug it out b*$ches!

ari.jpg

The following is my opinion, and my opinion only. Probably not going to make me popular.

Talk about an overreaction! Jeez, the guy tries to make a joke and gets jumped on with both feet. Did y'all forget he also sent 4 sticks? I'm guessing if your wife opened the package, she would have seen it for what it is, a joke. Could mandi have included a note, probably but it is obviously a joke. Blah, this is ridiculous.

NDFI, I try to keep my posts on CP positive, and the only reason I did post in this thread is because; well, you're wrong.

MandyPi, I got the pm and you and I are square. I think a lot of good came out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.