• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

That's nothing. I saw sharks go for $61.00 each last week on that loser site.

If people can't read, they can't blame anyone but themselves. I saw an Xbox 360 BOX, not console, just the cardboard, go for $800!!!

I saw that the other day and it was only at $12 - I thought I could get lucky, but then realized where I was and decided to sit back and enjoy the stupidity :)

The really outrageous part is that CBid has it listed under the "BOXES" category. Think that was a mistake? It should be under the "QUICKIES" section.

And how hard would it have been for them to put up a picture of one shark instead of a box of #50's?

JAEwing said:
The really outrageous part is that CBid has it listed under the "BOXES" category. Think that was a mistake? It should be under the "QUICKIES" section.
[snapback]277564[/snapback]​

Not a mistake, it's them misleading people... The guy probably thinks he is getting a steal of a deal on four boxs.

TBaGZ said:
JAEwing said:

Not a mistake, it's them misleading people... The guy probably thinks he is getting a steal of a deal on four boxs.
[snapback]277616[/snapback]​

I can't see how you could call it misleading when it's stated clearly in title/description:

Arturo Fuente Añejo Reserva #77 Shark (Single)

Anyone who can't figure out what the word Single means, especially when the quantity is listed in the exact same format as every other auction on the site, deserves to get burned.

The more I'm seeing these kinds of bids the more I'm starting to think that people are "bullying"..the same way you do in poker with all the chips. I know there are dumb people out there, but this happens way too common to be a coincidence. I think these people have the money to pay it, don't want to search and wait and would rather buy when they see it for a price that's non-competitive. But that's just my take on it, I could certainly be wrong.

Jason

A couple of guys from here bought at that price recently
they put bids out thinking it was for a 5er. :p
Ouch!!!

Bill

MichiganM said:
The more I'm seeing these kinds of bids the more I'm starting to think that people are "bullying"..the same way you do in poker with all the chips. I know there are dumb people out there, but this happens way too common to be a coincidence. I think these people have the money to pay it, don't want to search and wait and would rather buy when they see it for a price that's non-competitive. But that's just my take on it, I could certainly be wrong.

Jason
[snapback]277719[/snapback]​

I don't think so. I think the bidders don't read carefully....These auctions are INTENTIONALLY misleading.

IgwanaRob said:
TBaGZ said:
JAEwing said:

[snapback]277616[/snapback]​

I can't see how you could call it misleading when it's stated clearly in title/description:

Arturo Fuente Añejo Reserva #77 Shark (Single)

Anyone who can't figure out what the word Single means, especially when the quantity is listed in the exact same format as every other auction on the site, deserves to get burned.
[snapback]277626[/snapback]​

That is completely true Rob... The people do deserve it but for not paying attention. But I think the auctions intentionaly mislead them into thinking something other then what they are geting, you know throwing the off guard. Some people prolly bid without reading it all the way because they get excited to see it offered.

Eh whatever... sucks to be them :cool:

Even in the description they state:

"Each bid is for 1 cigar."

In no way am I saying that this vendor is using best business practices, but IMO they are not trying to mislead folks maliciously. Regardless, they should move their "singles" auctions to a different section and fix the picture.

OTOH, If you compare to some of the "gouger" prices that some select few online vendors charge for HTF's, then you can see that there's some people out there that would pay 2x and 3x over MSRP for a cigar they "think" is HTF. Hell, when I first started, even before joining any boards, I over-payed for my first Opus and Anejo Shark. After time I learned that they aren't all that hard to find, I just wasn't looking in the right places ;)

TBaGZ said:
That is completely true Rob... The people do deserve it but for not paying attention. But I think the auctions intentionaly mislead them into thinking something other then what they are geting, you know throwing the off guard. Some people prolly bid without reading it all the way because they get excited to see it offered.

Eh whatever... sucks to be them :cool:
[snapback]277799[/snapback]​

While I do think they know full well what to expect from these higher-end items, I don't think they need to try and mislead anyone - people will over-pay no matter what. Those that do get caught up in the moment without paying attention seem to learn (at least the guys from here that is :p ). At least CBid seems to have no problems cancelling the bids if you complain about the item placement (calling them up and explaining), and if you really want to add to the conspiracy you can say they do that on purpose to allow smarter people a way to get out of the auctions and make way for more idiots with deep pockets ;)

Well, it's over. And that one guy picked up a 4-pack for a cool $140...

What a deal! :laugh:

Cbid takes advantage of the uninitiated and is therefore an enemy to all cigar smokers. They should be boycotted by every cigar smoker who knows what kind of scam they are running.

The Master said:
Cbid takes advantage of the uninitiated and is therefore an enemy to all cigar smokers. They should be boycotted by every cigar smoker who knows what kind of scam they are running.
[snapback]278087[/snapback]​

:thumbs: Well said. They know full well what they are doing - price gouging disguised as an auction. Only truly misguided and uninformed consumers would bid on those auctions.

I wish more people would see what a scam CBid is.

They screwed me royally on shipping. The entire box they sent me cost them $10 to ship UPS. They charged me over $30. I called them on it, and the woman rep kept contradicting herself. She got quite pissed at me because I proved her wrong. I was polite, she was ... well, not nice... ;)