• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

November 5, 2002

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
As I get older, I start to pay more attention to elections and the things that make our country go. I have some questions and I figured that this forum would provide some wise answers.

*Why does the governor matter if he is not a Senator or Rep.?

*Both Senators & Reps are Congressmen, correct?

*How does someone get to be Speaker Of The House, and is that a Senator or a Rep.?

*Is the majority leader a Senator that leads the majority of the party that makes up the Senate?

*Why does the governor matter if he is not a Senator or Rep.?
He's the head of the executive branch of your state government in the same way that the president is the *cough* head of the executive branch of the federal government.
*Both Senators & Reps are Congressmen, correct?
Correct.
*How does someone get to be Speaker Of The House, and is that a Senator or a Rep.?
The speaker is elected by the other members of the House of Representatives.
*Is the majority leader a Senator that leads the majority of the party that makes up the Senate?
Yes.

Why does the governor matter if he is not a Senator or Rep.?

Move to Illinois and you will understand. :)

Why, what is going on in Illinois? I did some reading yesterday while it was slow at work and figured a lot of this stuff out. Now I am really excited about November 5, even though Texas doesn't seem to be a huge deal. Our Republican rep. is the incumbent for governor and he will almost certainly win.