• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now what?

scrooge

I didn't know anything about seasoning humidors. I bought a 100 count humidor, since the used one I bought was quickly becoming too small.

Well, now the thing is pretty full, and I recently found out that it should have been seasoned.

The question is, what do I do with all these cigars (like 70) while I am following the seasoning procedure?

Thanks.

Get a big tupperware container, and put the cigars in there with some sort of humidification device. If you don't have an extra one outside of your humidor, you might want to grab a couple of boveda packs and put them in there until your humi is seasoned.

Put the cigars in zip locks bags or tupperware. If you have some bead or a boveda pack that should be good to hold them over. I not take the humi device out of you humidor and put it in the tupperware with the cigars. Then you can put a small bowl or shot glass of distilled water in the humi to season it.
What is your hygrometer reading in the humidor now? I it is steady at around 65%, then you are ok, if it is very low than you need to do the above.

Dave

There's also the humi pouch. A large one is supposed to keep up to 50 cigars for roughly 90 days and they cost around $5 apiece.

Put the cigars in zip locks bags or tupperware. If you have some bead or a boveda pack that should be good to hold them over. I not take the humi device out of you humidor and put it in the tupperware with the cigars. Then you can put a small bowl or shot glass of distilled water in the humi to season it.
What is your hygrometer reading in the humidor now? I it is steady at around 65%, then you are ok, if it is very low than you need to do the above.

Dave

I have the cigars in some tupperware, and I'm seasoning the humidor. I have some beads and some boveda packs. The hygrometer has been reading around 60% pretty consistently, but my cigars seem dry. For example, when I use a punch, the ends will sometimes split.

Thanks.

Maybe a good start would be if you introduced yourself to the community in the Introduce yourself thread

Good point...

Also, thanks Bsneed51.