• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nub habano

bunn163A

Just finished a big thick Nub habano and it left me unimpressed,They do hold there ash freakishly well but aside from that not alot going on here. I picked up light spice and earthy tobaco throughout this hour long smoke,Construction was excellent and the flavor was not bad with huge plumes of smoke.Perhaps this just want my cup of tea,there just isnt much ...i guess depth would be a good description.If you are turned on by long ashes this is for you.But if you like a complex cigar i just dont think you will find it here.I like Sam so i will give it a 7/10.....
Just my humble opinion,would like to here some other comments on what some of the brothers here think about it,Bill

I haven't had a nub yet that I liked.

Maybe the nub ligero will change my mind.

Too bland.

I tried one and it was okay but it had some burn problems. The ring gauge keeps me away from them, as I usually don't go larger than a 52. I might as well suck on my trucks tail pipe than a 60 rg.

I tried one and it was okay but it had some burn problems. The ring gauge keeps me away from them, as I usually don't go larger than a 52. I might as well suck on my trucks tail pipe than a 60 rg.

I agree with Black Cloud, kinda. I've tried Nubs in the past and while I wasn't blown away, I kinda liked them. They were a decent change of pace from what I normally smoke. I didn't have any of the burn problems that were mentioned. Where I agree with Black Cloud is the ring gauge issue. I normally don't go over 52 rg. Lately I have been drawn more to panetelas and some churchills with a rg around 47.

I had a Nub Habano over the weekend. It was my first time trying one from the lineup and I was excited to do so. It had been sitting in my humi since last summer, so it should have been plenty ready to smoke. I was going to post a full review here, but never got around to it, it was just so utterly unimpressive. I didn't read any of the reviews before I had the smoke, but seem to agree with almost all of them now that I had one.

The construction seemed to be pretty good for me, it held good ash, burn needed a couple of touchups in a few places, but not crazy. The stick that I had seemed to have a consistent flavor from start to finish as some mentioned, but it had a bitter harsh taste to it from the beginning. I smoked as much of it as I could, getting down to where it was fairly short but it seemed to get hot pretty early.

So.. flavor.. not great, burn.. not great, value.. not great. Overall, my experience has been the same as most.. not great.. Not sure if I will try another nub with the reviews I have seen and so many other great smokes out there for the same money.

Cameroons are much better. My favorite out of the Nubs although I haven't tried the Maduros yet.

I am a fan of the Nubs, the cammies are the best. I have had the maduro and was really impressed with it. I am not a big maduro fan but I will definately smoke another.

I'd agree with the above on the Habanos. I picked up a couple of the Maduros the other day, so I'm looking forward to trying those.

I have 2 CT's, 2 cammies, and 2 habanos.... can't wait to try them... may go have one in a minute...

I have 2 CT's, 2 cammies, and 2 habanos.... can't wait to try them... may go have one in a minute...

Did you pick up the 6-pack sampler?

Yep... going to have the 358(?) CT right now...

Nice. I saw a couple of those at my local shop the other day, I may have to go back and get one, just to have some variety on hand. Maybe I'll step outside and fire up one of those Maduros that have been calling my name all day.

Did you pick up the 6-pack sampler?

Yep... going to have the 358(?) CT right now...

Nice. I saw a couple of those at my local shop the other day, I may have to go back and get one, just to have some variety on hand. Maybe I'll step outside and fire up one of those Maduros that have been calling my name all day.

If that's the case, I may see you back here in about an hour....

So far so good, I definitely like the maduro better than the habano. Very smooth and rich.

I find nubs to be exceptionally mediocre. Good smoke consistency, Decent flavor profile, just nothing to make them stand out.

I've had a couple (a Cameroon and a Connecticut) and, while they were decent enough smokes, nothing about them really made me want another one.

Im a fan of the Nubs personally. Habano is my favorite then the Cameroon and then the Maduro and Connecticut