• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nub Maduro

elderboy02

Date: 4/22/09

Cigar: Nub Maduro (4x58?)

Cost: Unknown. These aren't available for public sale yet.

Drink: Coca-Cola (the best cola)

I went to the Nub Live Tour cigar event last night. I had to buy a box of Nub's in order to get the free Nub Maduro. I am not sure when they will arrive in stores.

Appearance: This has a maduro wrapper on it. There was no band yet because these weren't for sale yet. The appearance gets a 8/10 .

100_1690.jpg

Taste of the cigar: This cigar is pretty rich. It was like smoking a chocolate bar! I picked up a sweet chocolate taste with just a touch of spice mixed in there.

Construction: Held an long ash as usual. All of the Nub's that I have smoked have held a long ash. The draw was good. The cigar required only a few small touchups, but I blame this on the heavy wind.

NubMaduroBeginning.jpg

Here is a small nub stand. I could have gotten a bigger one, but I didn't want to risk dropping the ash on me.

NubMaduroStand.jpg

NubMaduroEnding.jpg

Strength: This was a medium-full bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar was very, very good. I nubbed the Nub. I will buy more of these in the future. This is my favorite Nub so far. I give it a 9/10.

Thank you for the review! The idea of a maduro Nub is one that has been bugging me for some time, as I do like the Nub line. I am looking forward to these even more now, thanks to your review! :thumbs:

I had my first Nub Maduro this past week. It was awesome! After smoking a CAO MX2 I swore off maduros for a while, then I went to a Nub Live event and they had a limited number of the maduros so I figured what the heck. I smoked it that evening at the event and this will definately be in rotation with the Nub Cameroons I have. For any maduro lovers out there definately check this one out!

I can't wait to try this thing! Definitely anticipating their release!!

Yep they should be in shops now. I know they sold out of all the boxes at the Nub event. However, Sam said for whomever would like to order a box he would guarantee them to be here by today. Thast was this past thursday (5/21.) I thought that was pretty "stand up" myself.

Went to my local shop and they said they won't be carrying them :angry: I am in Deepwater NJ. today and tomorrow does anyone around here know of where I can get one?? I would like to try one :whistling:

I went to the nub live tour here in Albany. Bought a box of the 358's conn. Also received the 2009 Limited ed. barber pole and the pre release maduro(although they told me it was a fresh roll). I really enjoyed it though and had a similar experience to you.

had one yesterday after seeing this review a few weeks back. All i can say is that the ad campaign where it is nubbed and standing on its ash then says "true story" is completely correct. I almost managed to accomplish that while cruising around and smoking in my car with the windows down.

I am having one next time i sit down and smoke at the shop and planning on doing nothing other than a perfect ash stand :laugh:

It is also a great, great smoke. Definitally worth a try. :thumbs: