• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NYC Herf-November 19th, 2005

BigMacFU

Tornado of Teeth
Alright party people, BKcloud and I want to make a call for a herf here in NYC. BK has said that November would work well for him. So, the date is November 19th, 2005 unless we must absolutely change it due to an emergency. The event will take place at Maxwell & Dunne's in Long Island (somewhat near the Ikea). The address is: 1600 Round Swamp Road . Plainview . NY . 11803 . LIE Exit 48S

Here's a link to the place: Maxwell & Dunne's
Here's a link to the google map of the place: Map of Location

So, in summation:
Location: Maxwell & Dunne's (formerly Palmers) in Plainview, NY (on Long Island)
Date: November 19, 2005
Time: 2:00pm (unless there is a real problem with this time?)

Tentative Participants:
Shibumi
Louie D
CCat
BigMacFU
BKcloud
Smokelaw-1
Toneny
Scott1966
HudsonValley
LoanShark?
VotTak
Stogieman
Anyone else I missed

Those who are MIA:
Moki (want to take a trip down state?)
Igwana Rob (google maps have ratted out your location, jump on the herf bandwagon now)
AND all others from the Tri-State area who I do not yet know but would love to meet...

I like Palmers or whatever they call it now. It's exit 48 off the LIE on the Nassau/Suffolk county line.

Hopefully Fast4Dr will be able to break away from marital bliss and can join us :laugh:

Astoria sounds okay, I would personally rather go somewhere in Queens or Nassau since I'll be driving and even though it's the weekend, Manhattan is BAD :0

I cannot do the first week in November :(

Astoria is in Queens :D . As for locations out on Long Island, I'll just have to make sure I can get a ride. I understand not wanting to come into manhattan by car, there is always the train though. Like I wrote, suggestions for places and weekends please.

BigMacFU said:
If the weather holds out like it has in past years, and we are getting 50's+ at night and 60's during the day, may I suggest the Czech Beer Garden in Astoria?

So far location suggestions:
Palmers (Long Island)
Czech Beer Garden (depending on weather) (Astoria/Queens)
The Living Room (no clue, many places in nyc called this)

More favorable dates:
18th-20th of November
2nd-4th of December
[snapback]233673[/snapback]​

The Czech Beer garden is great, but it would probably be too cold at that time. The living room is in Great Neck, Long Island/Queens border.

Here's another place in great neck. Go to the lounge (Giraffe Lounge)area and click the cigar. The Inn at Great Neck

Count me in! :D

Sounds great. I'll try to make any time that is chosen. Might bring some of those DCMs I got from CC.

coventrycat86 said:
I like Palmers or whatever they call it now.  It's exit 48 off the LIE on the Nassau/Suffolk county line.

Hopefully Fast4Dr will be able to break away from marital bliss and can join us :laugh:

Astoria sounds okay, I would personally rather go somewhere in Queens or Nassau since I'll be driving and even though it's the weekend, Manhattan is BAD :0

[snapback]233706[/snapback]​

Read what you typed CC, "Astoria sounds okay, I would personally RATHER go somewhere in Queens..." as if Astoria were not in Queens.
:) Just doing my bit as a teacher. Also, it's fun giving the walking grammar book a lesson now and again.

BigMacFU said:
coventrycat86 said:
I like Palmers or whatever they call it now.  It's exit 48 off the LIE on the Nassau/Suffolk county line.

Read what you typed CC, "Astoria sounds okay, I would personally RATHER go somewhere in Queens..." as if Astoria were not in Queens.
:) Just doing my bit as a teacher. Also, it's fun giving the walking grammar book a lesson now and again.
[snapback]234929[/snapback]​
No, you're reading something into it that's not there and jumping to conclusions. I said "Astoria sounds okay, I would personally rather go somewhere in Queens" and since Astoria is in Queens, the first three words support my preference of where I would rather go..

You're not giving me a "lesson" here junior.......I was riding the 7 train long before you were born so I certainlly know that Astoria is in Queens.

LOL, I may have to be reading in a little, but the author certainly left it vague ;) (Future ancient scholars, when coming upon our odd language will find this fragment and go, he could have meant this, he could have meant that). And the 7 train is for dopes cause it goes to Shea Stadium, and who do we Cubs fans hate just below the Cardinals and White Sox...The Mets!!!! BTW-You bringing me an acid to represent the Cubs' season? I'll have an Astros 'gar for you.

BigMacFU said:
LOL, I may have to be reading in a little, but the author certainly left it vague ;) (Future ancient scholars, when coming upon our odd language will find this fragment and go, he could have meant this, he could have meant that).  And the 7 train is for dopes cause it goes to Shea Stadium, and who do we Cubs fans hate just below the Cardinals and White Sox...The Mets!!!!  BTW-You bringing me an acid to represent the Cubs' season?  I'll have an Astros 'gar for you.
[snapback]234942[/snapback]​

LOL!! Well it mighta been awkward but my writing has always left a bit to be desired :laugh:

I leave the car at Shea and take the train IN to the big city when I head down. There are times though when I'm feeling brave and I drive around in Manhattan :p It used to be "fun" when I was younger but now I find it to be a pain in the a$$.

Sorry Sean, I'm all out of Acids, you'll have to settle for a "Connecticut Puro" a MUNNIEMAKER :D :thumbs: Oh and I can only imagine what my Astros cigar will be....... :whistling:

There are very few baseball team I actually dislike but I'll tell ya, the BRAVES are on the top of that list! :p (freakin' tomahawk chop :rolleyes: and I have to see that jerk coach (is it Corrales or Mazzone?) rocking back and forth in the dugout like a two year old with a load in his diapers again, I'll smash the tv :0 Oh and Chipper (WTF kind of a name is "Chipper"?) Jones just pisses me off to no end, and who the HELL spells "Andrew" with a friggin "U"?...). The first two playoff games WEREN'T EVEN SOLD OUT :0 Buncha loser fans.....

I don't even care if we lose to the Cardinals but beating the Braves like last year will do it for me :thumbs:

OK guys..... c'mon...... this sounds awesome...... only thing standing in my way is a possible trip to Vegas sometime in November but that trip can be booked anytime.....

I expect to see CC take a ride...... if he can get the Jag started.....

C'mon you Long Island guys....... anybody else interested in this ??

George..... jump in the car and take a weekend trip
Ray..... you could probably use a vacation

Hell, I'll come down for a HERF. My older brother is in the city, and my family is a half hour out. Personally, I'd prefer Manhattan, but I'm game for anywhere in the area.

I'm up for a herf. Post the possible dates and locations and let it go from there.

Check the 1st post for updated location suggestions, participant list, and dates.

coventrycat86 said:
I like Palmers or whatever they call it now. It's exit 48 off the LIE on the Nassau/Suffolk county line.

I'm with big bad Bill - Churchills (F/K/A Palmers) is the place to go. Easy to get to, plenty of parking, nice large lounge with good ventilation and no drink minimum. :D

Scott1966 said:
I'm with big bad Bill - Churchills (F/K/A Palmers) is the place to go. Easy to get to, plenty of parking, nice large lounge with good ventilation and no drink minimum. :D
[snapback]235388[/snapback]​

That's good cause I always drink the maximum. :laugh:

Okay, so the date is going to be November 19th, I thought the 20th was a Saturday, but it's the 19th that is a Saturday.

So, November 19th, evening, but specific time and place TBD.

Hooah

Since you made it a saturday evening that's more doable for me. I'm a go.

loanshark do you want to go second do you want to carpool?

Also DocRKS is only about 20 minutes from me. Maybe he would want to jump in? Willing to carpool with anyone in the area or on the way.