• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NYC Herf-November 19th, 2005

I have never been at such an event, so if you don't mind a guy with bad English... I'm in.

Just like Tom (hudsonvalley) said, "Sounds good". On that note, Tom do you want to carpool as well if it's a go for you and myself. Keep me updated as this gets closer...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Alright, let's do a location check, the Inn at Great Neck and Palmer's/Maxwell & Dunne's appear to be the most popular. If at all possible, to keep it an NYC Herf, I'd prefer the Inn at Great Neck, but ultimately, let's just throw this open to a vote. I'm going to keep the Czech beer garden on the list unless winter really hits us early. Last year it was still 60's in November.

Inn at Great Neck, Palmer's/Maxwell & Dunne's, Czech Beer Garden. Either place will require some car pooling for us NYC'ers who live car(e) free. Price wise, Maxwell & Dunne's (formerly Palmers) is more expensive, though neither is easy on the wallet.

Ready...VOTE!!!

"Inn at Great Neck, Palmer's/Maxwell & Dunne's, Czech Beer Garden. Either place will require some car pooling for us NYC'ers who live car(e) free. Price wise, Maxwell & Dunne's (formerly Palmers) is more expensive, though neither is easy on the wallet."

How do you figure? Palmers is free parking, no charge to hangout in the cigar lounge, can bring your own cigars, no drink minimums (drinks are reasonably priced anyway). If hungry, you can go out to the bar right outside the cigar lounge area and order something at the bar and eat it at the bar.

http://www.mdsteakhouse.com/cigar.php

The Living Room (Great Neck) is the same deal but parking is difficult, smaller area to smoke in.

Neither will not cost you much to herf at.

Scott1966 said:
"Inn at Great Neck, Palmer's/Maxwell & Dunne's, Czech Beer Garden. Either place will require some car pooling for us NYC'ers who live car(e) free. Price wise, Maxwell & Dunne's (formerly Palmers) is more expensive, though neither is easy on the wallet."

How do you figure? Palmers is free parking, no charge to hangout in the cigar lounge, can bring your own cigars, no drink minimums (drinks are reasonably priced anyway). If hungry, you can go out to the bar right outside the cigar lounge area and order something at the bar and eat it at the bar.

http://www.mdsteakhouse.com/cigar.php

The Living Room (Great Neck) is the same deal but parking is difficult, smaller area to smoke in.

Neither will not cost you much to herf at.
[snapback]238613[/snapback]​

Maxwell & Dunne's (formerly Palmers) sounds good, but the living room is better for those taking the train from manhattan. The station is across the street. For a saturday evening it might be too crowded though.

I have no preference, just looking to hang out for a while.

Scott, I've never been, just checked the on-line reviews and they had $$$$$ out of $$$$$ for price.

BigMacFU said:
Scott, I've never been, just checked the on-line reviews and they had $$$$$ out of $$$$$ for price.
[snapback]238867[/snapback]​

Maybe they meant to eat at the restaurant itself but you can order and eat at the bar if you want. Hopefully this herf will happen! :thumbs:

Scott has been to both, so I think we should listen to the "Herf God" and pick Palmer's. :D

The bigger the place, the bigger the turnout. (Less smoke in the face is a plus too)

The question that I have is Palmer's in the city or is it also located on Long Island? I thought this is a NYC Herf? NYC = New York City....... :thumbs:

Having never been to any of them my vote goes to the one closest to North western NJ. :thumbs:

I know, I know. The only problem is in NYC, unless you have a big outdoor area, there are only like two places in the whole city that are grandfathered in to allow indoor smoking. Club Macanudo (cannot BYOC) and some other place that is also not BYOC. That's why the czech garden is a possibility, but who know what the weather will be like at that time. As for the Dirty Jerz being a possibility Diesel, sorry, it's still the Dirty Jerz.

I have no issue with Palmer's, let's just see how the rest of the votes roll.

stogieman said:
Well, there's is always Schlesinger's Cigar Bar and lounge up here in New Windsor. Here is a link to their web site etc..... :) :thumbs: :cool:

http://www.schlesingerssteakhouse.com/cigarbar.ivnu

http://www.hudsonvalleycigars.com/
[snapback]239210[/snapback]​
My idea for this place is this:

Drop your significant at Woodbury Commons, drive the 20 minutes north to Schlessingers

Ask them to open 1:00 on Sunday and watch football. Have them set out wings and nachos like they do for MNF. Have a private party for the, say, 20 of us tristaters. Herf till 4:30 when the regular bar opens up. Then stay as late as you want.

I bet if we got that many guys they would do it for free.

Who wants me to ask the manager there? Count off.

Still up for the ride to LI though if that is the concensus

Bad news. I have to back out of the herf. Because of other conflicts that day is being used to have a family get together for my daughters fourth Birthday party.

Have fun everyone.

Daughter's 4th birthday party or HERF, hmmmmmmm?

Come on now Diesel, your daughter will have plenty of birthdays, but there will be only 1 herf so wild and crazy, it might just be the NYC Herf. Was it the dirty jerz comment, is that the real reason?

Just kidding, have fun and don't ash on the cake, in fact, don't smoke around the kiddies' young lungs at all.

Either place is ok with me. I have a Dodge van; so, I wouldn't mind picking up the NYC guys from the Poughkeepsie train station. I can squeeze six herfers in. That would make it pretty easy for those coming out from the city. Of course, there must be a train station somewhere near Maxwell & Dunne's also.

Anyone else with an opinion?

I also do not have a problem with location. Just pick a place and time and I'll show up.

LouieD said:
there must be a train station somewhere near Maxwell & Dunne's also.
[snapback]240355[/snapback]​

LIRR to Hicksville train station and a $6.00 taxi (aprox.) to Maxwell & Dunne's. :D