• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NYS Tax change

Bxcigrfan

There Once was a Man from Nantucket...
so the NYS budget goes into affect tomorrow and us NY cigar smokers have to have a headache go along with SCHIP.

Reform the Cigar Tax. Modifies the taxation of cigars to impose a tax of $0.50 per cigar to simplify the administration of the tax. The current tax is equal to 37 percent of the wholesale price or approximately $0.34 per cigar.

Increase Beer and Wine Tax Rates. Increases the excise tax on wine and beer to approximately the average of surrounding states. The tax on wine would increase from 18.9 cents per gallon to 51 cents per gallon, and the beer tax would increase from 11 cents per gallon to 24 cents per gallon. Alcohol excise taxes were last increased in 1991.

Out here in the peoples republic of California.
The sales tax goes up 1% along with schip and along with doubling of our car registration.
Yeah I feel you Brother.

oh yeah our guy doing the registration thing too but i left that out since it wasnt really cigar related.
he is even removing a tax cap on gas, as if gas wasnt high enough

NY Tax increase on cigars just raised from 37% to 46%.....NO CAP. The bright side is that there will NOT be a floor tax on everything that is already in stock. I guess it could have been a lot worse. This is effective today, April 7th.

NY Tax increase on cigars just raised from 37% to 46%.....NO CAP. The bright side is that there will NOT be a floor tax on everything that is already in stock. I guess it could have been a lot worse. This is effective today, April 7th.

But think of the CHILDREN!

If it would save just one life, wouldn't it be worth it?

:sign:

So why don't we tax Prius drivers? You know what that toxic battery stuff does to the environment? They should all drive Hummers!

Wow... effective immediately? That's amazing, considering they have a long track record of not being able to get anything done on time. Isy, what was the old cap?

Wow... effective immediately? That's amazing, considering they have a long track record of not being able to get anything done on time. Isy, what was the old cap?

There was never a cap here. There was a rumor that while it would increase by 9 percent, a cap of 50 cents would be placed on them. Unfortunately, there was not enough support for this.