• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oak Brook Il, Any Good Places to Smoke?

Mizicke5273

Hey all, I'll be up in Oak Brook Il the second week of January and it seems none of the hotels are nice enough to have a heated area to smoke. So, I may be looking for a lounge or shop to drop by, to have a cigar while in town. I'm not sure if I will be in downtown Chicago proper at all; as I don't know what to expect from traffic or how much spare time I will have. Any ways, are there any good lounges or cigar shops close to the Oak Brook area that I could smoke in?

Casa de Montecristo in Countryside is about 8 miles from Oak Brook and truly an amazing cigar shop. The inventory is ridiculously large and there is a small lounge on the main floor. However, tell them you're from out of town and would love to see the private lounge downstairs, it's one of the nicest I've ever been in. Usually they'll let you check it out. Just a great cigar shop overall, highly recommended!

Thanks for the recommendation mu mike, I'll stop by and check them out.

Another good one is Casa de Puros in Forest Park (owned by the same people as Casa de Montecristo). Cool little shop with a nice lounge, about 10 miles from Oak Brook.
7410 Madison St,
Forest Park, IL 60130

I was just at both last week! (Casa de Montecristo and Casa de Puros) :D

I just looked up both; they're about 20 minutes or so from my hotel. Probably gona stop in when I get in on Sunday. Any good deep dish pizza joints round them? I'm starting the trip off right away with some deep dish for dinner the first night.

I guess the two most popular would be Lou Malnati's and Giordano's (with a third being Gino's East but that's downtown Chicago). I would guess both Malnati's and Giordano's are near Oak Brook somewhere but I'd have to look it up. Malnati's is my favorite, but would gladly eat Giordano's as well.

And I don't know if you've been to Chicago before, but if not definitely go to Portillo's. No nonsense italian beef! Love that place. My go-to is just the simple italian beef with hot peppers. They have plenty of other stuff on the menu too, including a classic Chicago dog, but I get the same thing every time.

Yeah, first time in Chicago. Part of the reason I'm not sure if I will get downtown or not. Not sure what to expect from traffic or the work at the office. I'm installing some new server infrastructure and I don't know how it will go and if I will have any spare time.

Looks like all three of those places are close to the hotel and the two lounges. I'll make sure to stop at one of the pizzerias and Portillo's. That Italian beef with hot peppers sounds great and is right up my alley!

Wow, was Giordano's GOOD! Portillos was really good as well. Nice lounges! I stopped by Casa de Puros when I got in on Sunday and am at 8 to 8 Cigars right now. Thanks for the great recommendations!

if you do make it into the city, check out iwan ries. be aware taxes will be high, but that's just Chicago.
food around the corner includes rudys bar and grill or paizanos pizza. both are legit

up down cigar is also a new spot in the city I like, but both are a trip away from you.

like it was said earlier, casa de montecristo is one heck of a place