• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Obama wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats are due to him i suppose. With that said. Lets work on bringing our Armed Forces home now.

The next few years will be interesting at least.

No Politics! Please - this is where some of us come to get away from that stuff. :(
But since you brought it up say Hello to SCHIP and REALLY expensive cigars. Stock up Boys & Girls. :angry:

Not to get overly political, but at least we'll get to watch a dem fall flat on his face with current events, economy, etc, so in 4 years the Rep's will be back.

Guess bringing it up was inevitable, but you needn't contribute to it. Let this drop.

not trying to bring politics to this but this is indeed a major historical event.
Now let's have a smoke tonight, and get back to work tomorrow
And work on
Being great parents, students, friends, and BOTL's
That is what makes America great.

I don't see how you could avoid politics with a topic like this...

I joined CigarPass, at least in part, to get away from political discussions. And as a noob here, I don't want to add fuel to any fires or cross any boundaries.

But this is history on an EPIC scale.

In every age group, every division of race and gender, Americans everywhere expressed their heartfelt desire to rise above and beyond partisanship, rancor, and division.

I truly hope we can. It's surely time, at last, to remember why we love this country.

~Boar

I joined CigarPass, at least in part, to get away from political discussions. And as a noob here, I don't want to add fuel to any fires or cross any boundaries.

But this is history on an EPIC scale.

In every age group, every division of race and gender, Americans everywhere expressed their heartfelt desire to rise above and beyond partisanship, rancor, and division.

I truly hope we can. It's surely time, at last, to remember why we love this country.

~Boar

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumbs:

I'll just add that when he wakes up tomorrow, he needs to pat himself on the back and get to work. Its one thing to promise change...but its an entirely different thing to deliver change.

Whatever you're thinking, either of you, think hard about editing it or taking it to PM.

I was for Obama but this is a terrible idea for a thread. This site says that politics should be left out, as it could lead to BOTL's to disliking each other.

Come on guys, we are all great Americans, we dont need to argue over this. Let's smoke and enjoy ourselves!

I was merely commenting on the fact that someone is for the first time proud of their country because a man was elected as president. I can think of thousands of reasons why I'm proud of my country. The first that comes to mind is that I was able to cast a vote in an election, even if my choice wasn't selected. I'm still damn proud of my country. I may disagree with the majority, but that's what makes it so great. I'm allowed and I'm empowered to have a say.

If this is the first time I was proud of my country, I believe I'd be finding somewhere else to live. There is so much to be proud of.

I was for Obama but this is a terrible idea for a thread. This site says that politics should be left out, as it could lead to BOTL's to disliking each other.

Come on guys, we are all great Americans, we dont need to argue over this. Let's smoke and enjoy ourselves!
It was not my intention to start an argument.
Maybe it is impossible. I guess I would be ok with Rod locking this thread down.

Let's smoke and forget it.

I was merely commenting on the fact that someone is for the first time proud of their country because a man was elected as president. I can think of thousands of reasons why I'm proud of my country. The first that comes to mind is that I was able to cast a vote in an election, even if my choice wasn't selected. I'm still damn proud of my country. I may disagree with the majority, but that's what makes it so great. I'm allowed and I'm empowered to have a say.

If this is the first time I was proud of my country, I believe I'd be finding somewhere else to live. There is so much to be proud of.
My reaction as well Turk. You said it well.

What will the President elect do about lifting the Cuban trade embargo?

Is he a smoker or will he support the outlawing of tobacco?

There, now the discussion is cigar related. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.