• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

occidental havana sun grown

gws3

1000 post club member
ok i'm not that great at reviews so sit back it's going to be a bumpy ride!

the wrapper was beautiful, no flaws or blemishes.
a dark tan in color. prelight draw was smooth and easy.
lit that puppy up and POOF!! lots and lots of smoke.
at first it tasted kind of creamy like an avo, but shortly after that a little spice flavor came through.

as i smoked it the flavors did change a little, from light pepper to a warm nutty flavor to a very cedary flavor.
the volumes of smoke continued throughout the cigar and the finish was wonderful on the tongue.

it burned perfectly and tasted great all the way down to my now blistered finger tips.

i don't know about this rating thing but i definitely liked this cigar, would buy it again, and is one i would feel like recomending to someone else.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled post reading!

Nice review GW. Where did you get these? I've never heard of them but am always up for a sun grown.

One of my local shops here outside of Orlando has em'. Let me see what he's got Monday or Tuesday and they we can talk.... :sneaky: :p :thumbs: :D

I had one this morning. A decent enough cigar, had enough ummppph, but a little lacking in the richness. Seems to lack something somewhere. Duuno, I would smoke another one, but I would make sure it was well aged first.

Emo

i got it in a care package from someone.

gotta love them care packages!! :D

Sounds yummy. Thanks for the review.

IMO reviewing is one of the best ways to give back to the brotherhood ;)

Cheers,
Dixie

those sound good, just saw some at my local.
might have to get one :lookup:

i like these a lot. they arent real expensive and you can find good sales on them, too. what size did you smoke?

Beware of the Occidental RESERVES... (I have not had one- but they are a completely different cigar)

A friend of mine who went to RTDA gave me a Alec Bradley HSG (Havanna Sun Grown)- which is what they use to call them (or will be calling them in the future- not sure how it went), but anyway, the cigar to my was very good. I'm a sucker for sun grown wrappers :0 so I had to have one.

When I started looking for them- They are known as Occidental HSG's (I love the quote, If you like Ashton VSG's- You'll LOVE Occidental HSG's)

They range is price anywhere from $5-6 upto $12 in some stores and shops (big price difference)

But agreed, a little age wouldn't kill 'em- but overall I think a very nice stick.

:thumbs: Toaster

Toaster said:
Beware of the Occidental RESERVES... (I have not had one- but they are a completely different cigar)

A friend of mine who went to RTDA gave me a Alec Bradley HSG (Havanna Sun Grown)- which is what they use to call them (or will be calling them in the future- not sure how it went), but anyway, the cigar to my was very good. I'm a sucker for sun grown wrappers :0 so I had to have one.

When I started looking for them- They are known as Occidental HSG's (I love the quote, If you like Ashton VSG's- You'll LOVE Occidental HSG's)

They range is price anywhere from $5-6 upto $12 in some stores and shops (big price difference)

But agreed, a little age wouldn't kill 'em- but overall I think a very nice stick.

Should be, if you love VSG's, you'll like HSG's.... :sign:

Ah HA,

I have two of those (CigarPool winnings), I'll have to try them very soon!!

CC, please tell me- Did you win the cigar pool? ;)

Yes Toaster, now that you asked I did indeed win it twice this year.

Something I don't talk about much though.......... :D

emodx said:
Seems to lack something somewhere. Duuno, I would smoke another one, but I would make sure it was well aged first.

Emo
Have tried 2 so far, have to agree with you Emo, they just seem to be lacking something. Great looking cigar, nice aroma, plenty of smoke....... just something.
I found them a bit light myself, maybe that was it with me, but then Boli's are light too. ;)