• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICAL ELECTION DISCUSSION

I'll give ya a hint...AVB may already know that quote, but the guy who said it in the film, is in my avatar pic. Now, see if ya can guess the film title. Anyway, it's definitely another of the finest films ever made.

MiamiCubano said:
I'll give ya a hint...AVB may already know that quote, but the guy who said it in the film, is in my avatar pic. Now, see if ya can guess the film title. Anyway, it's definitely another of the finest films ever made.
Chico : Ah, that was the greatest shot I've ever seen.
Britt : The worst! I was aiming at the horse.

AVB said:
MiamiCubano said:
Chico : Ah, that was the greatest shot I've ever seen.
Britt : The worst! I was aiming at the horse.
Generosity, that was my first mistake. I leave these people a little extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble. Shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good deed."

It's like this fellow I knew in El Paso. One day, he just took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. I asked him that same question, "Why?"
And?
He said, "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

If I may, another classic.

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

blair said:
Didn't Michael Moore promise (or threaten, depending on how you look at it) to leave the country if Bush won?

Shouldn't he be packing his bags, instead of this crap: MichaelMoore.com :angry:

Do the families of the dead soldiers really want Moore using them for his bull**** propaganda. :angry:
Robert Redford said he was moving to Ireland if Bush was re-elected...

The Glenn Beck radio program is raising money in $1 donations to buy Bob his one way ticket to Dublin.

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/11042004.shtml

But don't hold your hopes too high; Alec Baldwin is still here.. ???

-Matt-

txmatt said:
(snip)

But don't hold your hopes too high; Alec Baldwin is still here.. ???

(snip)
And Sean Penn, Barbara Striesand, and all of the rest of the liberal hollywood crowd.

And you know, I am a huge dave matthews band, jimmy buffet, and james taylor fan. But, now that they want to capitalize on their popularity to spew their liberal rhetoric, I am conflicted.

Well, not really. I'll just get my kid to download their music. That way I am not financially supporting them :sign: :sign:

M. Gipson

gawntrail said:
Well, not really. I'll just get my kid to download their music. That way I am not financially supporting them :sign: :sign:

M. Gipson
So it is YOUR fault all the CDs cost so much at the store. :angry:

I had a feeling... :lookup:

:D :p

Duck, gawntrail!

The soap boxes are coming out. Piracy is a four letter word here..

I don't like giving ANY money to the RIAA. Unfortunately there are a lot of good bands on their labels, and I listen to a LOT of music. I simply have been buying all of my CDs used for the last 5 years.

I used to join and quit BMG 2 times a year per their rules, and additional times when/if they sent me come back requests. That was a good way to get new CDs for under $4 each after shipping and the one required purchase. They are still making a lot of money that way though, so I stopped.

I go to 2 different Half Priced Books stores weekly and head straight for the $1-$3 clearance CD section. The market is flooded with used CDs and I get very good titles all the time. Last trip I got Pink Floyd 2, Soundtrack to The Crow, Bush's 16 Stone, Edie Brickell's Shooting Rubberbands at the Moon, and Sarah McLachlan's Fumbling Towards Ectasy for $5 + tax. I have had to upgrade my CD storage system twice this year thanks to Half Priced Books. Case Logic Pro-Sleeves are wonderful for reducing the amount of space CDs take up.

-Matt-

blair said:
Didn't Michael Moore promise (or threaten, depending on how you look at it) to leave the country if Bush won?

Shouldn't he be packing his bags, instead of this crap: MichaelMoore.com :angry:

Do the families of the dead soldiers really want Moore using them for his bull**** propaganda. :angry:
I'm still waiting for him, Robert Redford, Alec Baldwin, Cameron Diaz, etc. to all uphold their end of the deal.

Well, I'm not holding my breath. They're all full of sh*t anyways.

PuroBrat said:
gawntrail said:

M. Gipson
So it is YOUR fault all the CDs cost so much at the store. :angry:

I had a feeling... :lookup:

:D :p
Actually, after reading Moki's take on pirating during his tirade with ............. whoever that was........ I kind of re thought my position. So, I sold all of my bootleg DVDs and gave away all of my copied CDs (that I did not have the originals for) and proceeded to join a music and DVD club. I do have copies still, but I also have the originals. The burned copy of that Fuente DVD I gave to my brother-in-law and told him to keep it.

I have received some burned CDs and DVDs as gifts. I kept those because they were gifts. But all of the stuff I initiated, is gone.

And I would not enlist my son in commiting copyright infringement (anymore).

M. Gipson

txmatt said:
Duck, gawntrail!

The soap boxes are coming out. Piracy is a four letter word here..

I don't like giving ANY money to the RIAA. Unfortunately there are a lot of good bands on their labels, and I listen to a LOT of music. I simply have been buying all of my CDs used for the last 5 years.

I used to join and quit BMG 2 times a year per their rules, and additional times when/if they sent me come back requests. That was a good way to get new CDs for under $4 each after shipping and the one required purchase. They are still making a lot of money that way though, so I stopped.

I go to 2 different Half Priced Books stores weekly and head straight for the $1-$3 clearance CD section. The market is flooded with used CDs and I get very good titles all the time. Last trip I got Pink Floyd 2, Soundtrack to The Crow, Bush's 16 Stone, Edie Brickell's Shooting Rubberbands at the Moon, and Sarah McLachlan's Fumbling Towards Ectasy for $5 + tax. I have had to upgrade my CD storage system twice this year thanks to Half Priced Books. Case Logic Pro-Sleeves are wonderful for reducing the amount of space CDs take up.

-Matt-
Thanks for the warning, but I can admit now that I am reformed.

I like your approach regarding the 1/2 priced store. The original purchaser already gave their cut to the artists, and by buying things at 1/2 price (in the 1/2 price store) I (we) are now supporting an entrepeneur trying to make his/her way in our capitalistic economy.

Problem Solved!! :thumbs:

M. Gipson

SFG75 said:
Just curious ccat--how did Simmons do against Sullivan??  Never could find anything on that race.
Simmons won by 8%. Sullivan only carried ten of the districts 65 towns. It was the same percentage that he won by last time.

What was kinda weird was that Simmons improved in quite a few Democratic towns and actually slipped a little in a few of the more Republican leaning towns. ???

Go ahead, I know what you're gonna say now..... :D :D
(What's that animal with the pointy horn on his nose or the name of Fred Flinstones' pet?)

coventrycat86 said:
(What's that animal with the pointy horn on his nose or the name of Fred Flinstones' pet?)
Dino

gawntrail said:
AVB said:
coventrycat86 said:
Dino
I thought that was Betty :p
It might be Barney and Betty's pet Hoppy, it had a horn and I don't think Dino did.

nofear.jpg

My new profile pic, so that you guys will know where to mail me vintage Havanas.....

new_map-vi.jpg

blair said:

Shouldn't he be packing his bags, instead of this crap: MichaelMoore.com  :angry:

I'm quite confident that the vast majority of the brave men and women listed there despised Michael Moore, and I think it tarnishes their memory and their service for him to use them as a propaganda tool.

Michael Moore did more to lose the election for the Dems than anyone else I can think of. A very insightful Democratic pundit Camille Paglia gave an interview that I think was quite lucid, regarding Moore's mobilizing the Republican base.

I also think this "Dear American Left," letter did a very good job summarizing the effect Moore had, as well as the socially liberal views of many younger republicans.

Ah well, fight fire with fire, I always say.

A picture of Moore made from failed candidates and meat products

Election went well for me. I now have 100% republican representation from the township trustee through the county all the way to the white house except for 1 of my Senators who is Even Bayh.

Now have a Republican Governer after 16 years of Democrat rule too!

Indiana.. Red state and prowd of it :D