• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Offical NYC Memorial Day Weekend Herf Thread

Which would you rather go to?

• Florios - 192 Grand Street

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palmers

• Bar on Bell Blvd. (just over the Throgs Neck Bridge)

• Other

• Total voters

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Please let me know if you're planning to attend and which you voted for.

I think we're looking at 8:30 or 9:00 on Saturday May 29 in any case.

I'll update this as we get more details.

Definitely attending:
Dixie (duh!)
bobbyson1a
other1
Captain B
Fast4Door

Maybe attending:
CoventryCat

Cheers,
Dixie

I'm attending as of now and should not change.

Palmer's is indoor and not weather dependant (also about 35 miles from Manhattan)

Maggie May's (Bar on Bell) is outside and totally dependant on weather

What about Club Macanudo? Seems fitting. Manhattan is best for me, but if I can get a lift I'm open to elsewhere.

Well it doesn't matter to me. I like Palmer's but i'll go anywere. :thumbs:

other1 said:
What about Club Macanudo? Seems fitting. Manhattan is best for me, but if I can get a lift I'm open to elsewhere.
That's not my kind of vacation atmosphere. As I told Captain, I going up there to relax....Club Macanudo looks too trendy and ritzy.

Plus, I doubt any of us will be smoking a single Mac :p

Cheers,
Dixie

Actually I have a Macanudo '88 Vintage that I want to try out one of these days, but yeah, I suspect we won't be smoking macs. :)

Like I said I'm open, manhattan is best for me since I have no transportation and am going out of town sunday morning so I don't want to get home ridiculously late. But if someone can give me a ride (and it looks like Bobby can) I'll go anywhere.

other1 said:
Actually I have a Macanudo '88 Vintage that I want to try out one of these days, but yeah, I suspect we won't be smoking macs. :)

Like I said I'm open, manhattan is best for me since I have no transportation and am going out of town sunday morning so I don't want to get home ridiculously late. But if someone can give me a ride (and it looks like Bobby can) I'll go anywhere.
Bell Blvd is only a 35 min train ride from Penn Station...just an FYI

Palmer's is a lot further out. I wouldn't mind Manhattan or Bell Blvd but will go anywhere :thumbs:

Why don't we let DL pick, its his big trip to the city.

Also, I think everyone should make sure their wishlists are up to date, maybe we can fill some of eachothers wishes when we get together.

OK - after contemplating, I think Bell Bl is the place for this herf. Mike, thanks for suggesting it - I think we should try it.

Captain B said:
OK - after contemplating, I think Bell Bl is the place for this herf. Mike, thanks for suggesting it - I think we should try it.
Sounds good :thumbs:

Do we have a backup plan in case it rains?

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
Captain B said:
Sounds good :thumbs:

Do we have a backup plan in case it rains?

Cheers,
Dixie
I guess Palmer's

Sounds good. Bobby, you still gonna drive? Can someone post directions, driving and subway if feasible.

other1 said:
Sounds good. Bobby, you still gonna drive? Can someone post directions, driving and subway if feasible.
For Bell Blvd it would be LIRR to Bayside Station...

Palmer's is Exit 48 off the LIE

OK, thats easy then. I can meet DLC at his hotel and take us there on the LIRR. If we end up rained out at Palmer's we'll definitely need to hitch a ride.

We should coordinate email addresses and cellphone #s so we can contact eachother next weekend. If everyone wants to PM me I'll collect them and send them out to everyone.

Just a heads up.. Current NYC forecast calls for showers Saturday night. 50% chance of precipitation. I'll check again in a few days..

other1 said:
I'll drive no prob let me know where to meet you guys.

Mike do you have the address for Bell Blvd.

21422 41st Ave Bayside, NY 11361-2134

MAP

If we are saying be there 8:30-9ish why don't I meet DC at his hotel and Bobby you can pick us up there. Say 8ish? The hotel is at 53rd+7th. We can shoot through the tunnel and the LIE will take us more or less right there.

other1 said:
21422 41st Ave Bayside, NY 11361-2134

MAP

If we are saying be there 8:30-9ish why don't I meet DC at his hotel and Bobby you can pick us up there. Say 8ish? The hotel is at 53rd+7th. We can shoot through the tunnel and the LIE will take us more or less right there.
Sounds good to me. :thumbs:

So how many cigars is everyone bringing? :)

I figure I'll just fill up the traveldor which will probably be like 8 depending which ones I choose.

other1 said:
So how many cigars is everyone bringing? :)

I figure I'll just fill up the traveldor which will probably be like 8 depending which ones I choose.
I'll be bringing somewhere between 5-25 :p