• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official 2009 CP March Madness Pool Thread

n8warren

To Bill Brasky
Ok it's that time of year, and since Brickhouse can't run it this year I volunteered.

Please read the rules below prior to registration. All questions can be posted on this thread or asked via PM.

RULES

1) You must be a member of Cigar Pass prior to the date of this post
2) As has been the case in past years, the wager per bracket is 3 cigars with an MSRP of at least $8.00 consideration will be given for cigars that may be difficult to find at MSRP.
3) You may submit up to 5 brackets as long as you pay the 3 cigar per bracket entry fee.
4) There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. I will determine the distribution breakdown based on the number of entrants.
5) Upon registration, post your yahoo ID and if you have a MSRP question on proposed wager cigars, make it at that time.
6) Your wager cigars must be mailed to me and postmarked no later than March 18.

SCORING

Scoring will be the basic progressive scoring system.

1st round: 1 Point
2nd round: 2 Points
3rd round: 4 points
Regional Finals: 8 Points
Final Four: 16 Points
Championship: 32 Points

No upset or seed bonuses.

Tie-breaker will be championship total points.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

We will be running this on Yahoo! Fantasy Sports Tourney Pick 'Em.

For all of the following steps, you need to be logged in to Yahoo, so if you don't already have a Yahoo account, you will need to create one.

To Register, go to Yahoo Sports, click Fantasy, then Click Tourney Pick 'Em.

When the main page for Tourney Pick 'Em comes up, click Join Group.

On the page that opens up, click Join Group again underneath accept an invitation.

On the following page, enter our group ID# and Password. Our ID and password is:

ID#: 34817
Password: fuente

Click save and continue, and you will be ready to create an entry.

The "create a new entry" bubble should already be filled in, and under bracket name, using your CP handle would be the easiest way to make this flow easily. Accept the TOS and click submit, and you will be ready to make your selections. (Once the field is set, naturally)

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS (will be edited)
1) n8warren (sticks received)
2) cookie_1978 (sticks received)
3) H3110LHD x2 (sticks received)
4) AndrewGBob (sticks received)
5) Thinde (sticks received)
6) merkinmullet (sticks received)
7) drunkfish3 (sticks received)
8) sack (sticks received)
9) The Green Monkey x2 (sticks received)
10) Brickhouse x2 (sticks received)
11) Txraddoc (sticks received)
12) Flushnutz (sticks received)
13) FoMoCo (sticks received)

That's all the details I can think of right now, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or bring them up on this thread. This should be fun, good luck to everyone!

Count me in - I will ship the sticks on Monday. Thanks for handling.

Sticks - (2) Anejo 48
(1) WOAM

Edit to add sticks

IMO, too many points are being awarded for the Final 4 and championship games. Last year's structure was more reasonable.

First round 1 point
Second round 2 points
Regional semifinal 4 points
Regional finals 8 points
National semifinals 12 points
Championship 16 points

Count me in - I will ship the sticks on Monday. Thanks for handling.

Got ya!

IMO, too many points are being awarded for the Final 4 and championship games. Last year's structure was more reasonable.

First round 1 point
Second round 2 points
Regional semifinal 4 points
Regional finals 8 points
National semifinals 12 points
Championship 16 points

We can look at restructuring the point system if that's what most of the players want to do.

I'm in for two. My girl friend and I have done pools together for 5 years now....she always beats me..damn it. LOL.

1 of the YahooIDs is: EresMuertes

I'm ont sure if she has one or not..so I'll double check w/ her.

-Aaron

I'm in for two. My girl friend and I have done pools together for 5 years now....she always beats me..damn it. LOL.

1 of the YahooIDs is: EresMuertes

I'm ont sure if she has one or not..so I'll double check w/ her.

-Aaron

Got ya Aaron!

I'm in! I will post registered yahoo ID and proposed cigars later today. Can't wait for the tourney to start!

I'm in....ID is tvcoach1....sticks will ship out tomorrow...Thanks for putting this together.

I'm in....ID is tvcoach1....sticks will ship out tomorrow...Thanks for putting this together.

Got ya!

Someone PM'd me and alerted me that there are some login issues, and wanted to see if anyone else was having a hard time with the group ID/Password. I used a dummy Yahoo ID and had similar problems. If anyone registers after this without any issues LMK, if people continue to have the same issues I'll either switch to ESPN when they make groups available or do what I can to work with Yahoo to get the issue resolved. Sorry for the hassle guys and I'll post more info when I have it.

Edit: I just managed to put a dummy entry in on a new account. Not really sure what happened, but I went and re-saved our group settings and everything worked smoothly. Keep me posted if we have any more problems.

I'm in. I did have a problem registering when I capitalized 'Fuente', but 'fuente' worked just fine.

My wager for one bracket:

My Father Lancero
Anejo 50
Graycliff Red Elegante

Thanks for setting this up.

I am in now the fuente can't be capitilized. thanks for the help my yahoo id is Drunkfish3 will post sticks later.

Come on - Lets get some more sign-ups.

As for the points per round, whatever you guys decide is fine by me.

We all know PITT is going to win. :sign:

Sticks went out this morning: DC #03083390000074594948

Liga Privada #9 Parejo Oscuro
Tatuaje Regios
LDF Lancero

PS: no problems with signing up.
Thank
Tom

I'm in but had issues also. I'll send out the sticks tomorrow. :) :thumbs:

Merkinmullet, Drunkfish, and sack are all in. Thanks for the updates guys, continue to let me know if there are any issues.