• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official Spring Training Thread

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Manny showed up on time in wicked good shape and wants to retire in Boston. Big Poppy has a new dew and says his knee is nearly 100%. We got one two many centerfielders. Crisp will probably demand a trade. Mike Lowel, the series MVP, is the Sox Ping pong champ. Oh yea, were the defending world champs and of course the Yankees suck.

Doc.

KC Royals: I would say our goal is to NOT finish in last place again and be the laughing stock of baseball. Mike Sweeney has moved on to the A's. We are expecting big things from #1 draft picks Alex Gordon & Billy Butler.

edit for spelling.

Johan is happening! All I can say about that is WOW! We got him on the cheap, although Gomez and Humber will be a pleasant surprise for Twins. Nothing like starting the year in first place for all teams.

Ryan Howard broke the bank for my Phillies. I just hope he doesn't follow the trend of earning a big paycheck and then coasting until his current contract is up. We need him to mash alot this year. Look out Mets!!!

Ryan Howard broke the bank for my Phillies. I just hope he doesn't follow the trend of earning a big paycheck and then coasting until his current contract is up. We need him to mash at this year. Look out Mets!!!

10 large is a huge number, since he only made $900K last year. I can see him losing his focus, with that much money coming in.

My team is just kickin' ass and takin no names this year. They are working hard and preparing to send the Red Sux on another 80-90 year drought...

Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like starting the year in first place for all teams.

Tell me about it. Spring training is the only time we have been without a losing record in a decade.

Nor have we been relevant, either. Except for when we started 16-0 or whatever it was in 2003. Of course don't remind me that we missed the playoffs..........

Tigers, are well, have a sick lineup. With Miggy on board Inge was pushed to Super Sub. He wants a trade but I doubt he will get it. The guy is a good fielder but cant hit.

Relief is suposidly doing good, but thats our weakness. I personally think that Willis will have a good year with the Tigs. Heres to hopeing at least.

You know what?

With my Giant's winning the superbowl...I just have not been keeping up with my BlueJays.....I need to get on that :p

I think my Jays are going to surprise some people this year IF a few things happen.
1) Scott Rolen returns to form
2) The Rotation (especially Doc Halladay ) stays healthy
3) Vernon Wells plays like he did before he got the huge extension.

I look for them to shock the world and finish second in the AL East and get the Wild Card.

1234.gif

Johan is happening! All I can say about that is WOW! We got him on the cheap, although Gomez and Humber will be a pleasant surprise for Twins. Nothing like starting the year in first place for all teams.

HA.....you call $23 million a year for the next 6 years cheap! The Mets are gonna be sorry they signed that deal when Johan starts to break down two years from now. He's thrown more than 220 innings a year for the last 4 years straight. That's alot of wear on that arm. He allready showed signs of fatigue last year when his velocity dropped off about 5 mph. Besides....we all know who is gonna win it all this year......

GO DODGERS......!!!!!!!

Ryan Howard broke the bank for my Phillies. I just hope he doesn't follow the trend of earning a big paycheck and then coasting until his current contract is up. We need him to mash at this year. Look out Mets!!!

10 large is a huge number, since he only made $900K last year. I can see him losing his focus, with that much money coming in.

How would you like to get that percentage of a jump in your salary? :thumbs: That is un-freakin'-real. He's probably worth it but recent history says he coasts and his numbers suffer.

1,011 x his salary, now my freakin season tickets just went up. Money well spent on the Santana Killing Machine known as Howard.

I am making the assumtion that the Tigs will see you in the ALCS, but then again I thought they would have made it last year.

I'm not sure that one extra bat is going to get you past Cleveland. I don't think Willis will contribute much for you guys this year, and you better hope that Magglio, Sheff, Pudge, and Guillen all continue to dip into the fountain of juice, er youth. Oh, and I'm not sure how Todd Jones continues to save games with his 84 MPH, straight as an arrow fastball, but it has to stop working eventually, right?

I am making the assumtion that the Tigs will see you in the ALCS, but then again I thought they would have made it last year.

I'm not sure that one extra bat is going to get you past Cleveland. I don't think Willis will contribute much for you guys this year, and you better hope that Magglio, Sheff, Pudge, and Guillen all continue to dip into the fountain of juice, er youth. Oh, and I'm not sure how Todd Jones continues to save games with his 84 MPH, straight as an arrow fastball, but it has to stop working eventually, right?

Its not just one bat, its 2. Miggy is a huge bat in any lineup and Renteria is a decent bat. We exchanged our two weakest bats. Pudge is definatly on the decline and if we trade Inge I have no idea who will be catcher next year. Sheff will be fine and Mags is in a contract year. Guillen playing at first will extend him.

Jonsey? He is scarry. I cant stand contact pitchers, especially as your closer.