• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICIAL TRANSMISSION FROM DION GIOLITO

BOTL's, please stop comparing Gary to Joseph McCarthy; Joe was proven right later. Gary will still be a tool 50 years from now.

I was doing a little computation on Gary Artz and added up the count per letter times 6. It's total is 696. To me, that is close enough to 666. :laugh:

This settles it for me.

If the cigars are half as righteous as the man who makes them, I'm in for a treat, as this evening I'm heading to the shop to get me some Illusione.

OK, I've never tried an Illusione, but I want to now.

Thanks for taking the time to let us have some insight into your brand, and to clear up all the crap out there, that's definately more than the people who own a company in any other field would do.

Something about cigars just requires the personal touch that other industries won't bother to consider.

Not sure where I can find them in Chicago though, as we have precious few B&M's here seeing as they have all but outlawed smoking.

Any ideas from anyone on where I can find this brand or should I just try to order them online somewhere?

Any ideas from anyone on where I can find this brand or should I just try to order them online somewhere?

There are a few places you can get them, I'm sure someone in Chicago has them but you can also order them online through a fellow BOTL of this board at SiloCigars.com for instance.

I think that it's sad that people like Gary Artz live their life like Joesph MacCarthy and have to force their mental illness on good people to the point that they need to explain what they do and why.

Gary is a turd, and for some reason he's set his attention on Dion Giolito. I feel a lot of empathy for Dion's situation. People here at CP has busted his balls for quite sometime and play right into the same role that Gary Artz has. What is ironic is the same people that were busting his balls about tin hats are the same people saying "Sorry that happened bro", but it's you guys that are in the same boat throwing stones at Dion along with the E-tarded Gary Artz.

Rob -
I refuse to be characterized in such a manner and take offense at being compared to Gary Artz. :( I did not say "sorry this happened" because I have seen this happen to other manufacturers and heard about Dion's controversary from Pete Johnson, and I know it is just people's tongues wagging. Who is this Gary Artz to comment on other people's actions by the way? Artz, by his own admission, purchases Cuban Cigars - Does that make him guilty of sedition or treason? Does it equate him with the Rosenburgs or Benedict Arnold? :0
Frankly, Dion's advertising pushes the limits, and I made that known to him while drinking Havana Club with Pete Johnson here in DFW. During that event Pete & I sent Dion a phone pic of the guy in my previous post. He was walking by us smoking an illusione cigar at a Tatuaje Event; Pete was amazed! It was sent in friendly jest and was taken that way.
I respect Dion's product and stock them in my personal humidor so I can smoke them frequently. I don't pay too much attention, or give much creedence to, the BS that surrounds the cigar business as I've been involved in it in one form or another for 2o+ years; I just like to smoke goodcigars with good friends. Dion makes one helluva cigar line of which I will continue to smoke. Recently there was some shit stirred about another cigar manufacturer & his product line here on CP, I still smoke his cigars. I will gladly smoke a cigar with you or Dion when that opportunity arrives, because somehow, the genteel blue smoke of a great cigar makes the above issues just fade into the fog. :)

I will gladly smoke a cigar with you or Dion when that opportunity arrives, because somehow, the genteel blue smoke of a great cigar makes the above issues just fade into the fog.

Any time you'd like indy...

I will gladly smoke a cigar with you or Dion when that opportunity arrives, because somehow, the genteel blue smoke of a great cigar makes the above issues just fade into the fog.

Any time you'd like indy...
That was Jeff Dion...not me.

But I wouldn't mind having a smoke with Jeff and letting it all hang out.

I think that it's sad that people like Gary Artz live their life like Joesph MacCarthy and have to force their mental illness on good people to the point that they need to explain what they do and why.

Gary is a turd, and for some reason he's set his attention on Dion Giolito. I feel a lot of empathy for Dion's situation. People here at CP has busted his balls for quite sometime and play right into the same role that Gary Artz has. What is ironic is the same people that were busting his balls about tin hats are the same people saying "Sorry that happened bro", but it's you guys that are in the same boat throwing stones at Dion along with the E-tarded Gary Artz.

Rob -
I refuse to be characterized in such a manner and take offense at being compared to Gary Artz. :( I did not say "sorry this happened" because I have seen this happen to other manufacturers and heard about Dion's controversary from Pete Johnson, and I know it is just people's tongues wagging. Who is this Gary Artz to comment on other people's actions by the way? Artz, by his own admission, purchases Cuban Cigars - Does that make him guilty of sedition or treason? Does it equate him with the Rosenburgs or Benedict Arnold? :0
Frankly, Dion's advertising pushes the limits, and I made that known to him while drinking Havana Club with Pete Johnson here in DFW. During that event Pete & I sent Dion a phone pic of the guy in my previous post. He was walking by us smoking an illusione cigar at a Tatuaje Event; Pete was amazed! It was sent in friendly jest and was taken that way.
I respect Dion's product and stock them in my personal humidor so I can smoke them frequently. I don't pay too much attention, or give much creedence to, the BS that surrounds the cigar business as I've been involved in it in one form or another for 2o+ years; I just like to smoke goodcigars with good friends. Dion makes one helluva cigar line of which I will continue to smoke. Recently there was some shit stirred about another cigar manufacturer & his product line here on CP, I still smoke his cigars. I will gladly smoke a cigar with you or Dion when that opportunity arrives, because somehow, the genteel blue smoke of a great cigar makes the above issues just fade into the fog. :)
I think it's a change that will invoke a lot of personal feelings - some guys have stated that they do not appreciate the religious elements and spiritual dogma force fed to them when it comes to Illusiones references in it's vitola names. it's really a push in a new direction of freedom of speech and how far the consumer will allow the manufacturer go before they call it quits.

Back in 1977-78 there was a band named 'Crass". They were trying to get an album printed when the record facility refused to print the ungodly and treacherous music that was set to be put in print. They went ahead and printed the record with the song omitted, but changed the name to "Sounds of Free Speech".

If you really don't like it, don't buy into it.

I am sorry if you feel offended by the gross generalization of Gary Artz. I meant it in the spirit of all the guys that have to troll around making fun of the guy and starting the rude comments flying.

Ironic, you say? I was probably the FIRST one here to offer Dion a foil hat. Pointing out this injustice doesn't mean that I'd like Dion to babysit my kids. I understand why he did what he did, but I still disapprove of Dion's use of Jones in his marketing. It got us talking about Illusiones though, didn't it? This isn't going to stop me from buying his brand. Some would say that, for men like Dion, there is no such thing as bad publicity. In the long run, I think he'll benefit from this.

If you think about it, I think we've all defined that line nobody should cross. I will NEVER willingly buy a Toshiba product, and will never again pay money to see Sean Penn. Its funny to me that many of those who profess shock and outrage at Dion, say they'll never buy an Illusione are the same who are willing to overlook the villainy of Castro's government, don their Che t-shirts and violate the embargo.

Rob I don't think and you can correct me if I am wrong, no one has said anything disparaging about Illusiones! What people have said, has to do with Dion and his slant on things. You don't have to like the guy to appreciate the cigars!

The only thing I have seen is compliments about his cigar line. So let us not generalize about the members here as I'm sure we have a million and one opinions on everything discussed here.

Rob - maybe I wasn't direct enough, my apology. So here goes.

I was offended that I was compared to Gary Artz.

Gary Artz' journalistic integrity makes Perez Hilton & the National Inquirer look like the paragons of journalism - in other words, he needs to go back to school to learn how to be a journalist. He may have a Hitler issue as well!

I like Dion's cigars very much and despite his objectionable marketing ploy, I will continue to buy & smoke his cigars.

I think Dion's cutting edge marketing invites wack jobs like Artz to jump his chit. Wrong but it is what it is.

Artz owes Dion an apology.

I will smoke a cigar with you & Dion.

:)

Rob - maybe I wasn't direct enough, my apology. So here goes.

I was offended that I was compared to Gary Artz.

Gary Artz' journalistic integrity makes Perez Hilton & the National Inquirer look like the paragons of journalism - in other words, he needs to go back to school to learn how to be a journalist. He may have a Hitler issue as well!

I like Dion's cigars very much and despite his objectionable marketing ploy, I will continue to buy & smoke his cigars.

I think Dion's cutting edge marketing invites wack jobs like Artz to jump his chit. Wrong but it is what it is.

Artz owes Dion an apology.

I will smoke a cigar with you & Dion.

:)

Thanks.

I'll admit that I've never heard of Illusione; but I definitely want to try them. I can only hope that my local cigar shop carries them. I guess I could always order them online.

Dion,

Follow your passion and "To thine own self be true."

In any event I liked the explaination. Alot of thought went into the product. Now we just have to get some more MD shops to carry the 'gars.

Rob I don't think and you can correct me if I am wrong, no one has said anything disparaging about Illusiones! What people have said, has to do with Dion and his slant on things. You don't have to like the guy to appreciate the cigars!

The only thing I have seen is compliments about his cigar line. So let us not generalize about the members here as I'm sure we have a million and one opinions on everything discussed here.
I apologize for vilifying the members in my original post, but I think that the majority of you seem to be able to read past my faux pas.

You're right Tony, I can't correct you here but thanks for pointing out my error.

Dion,

While I add my voice to the chorus of people thanking you for explaining your history and again giving the meaning behind Illusione names, I don't think you really had to. But wise move doing it here and not driving any more traffic to that site.

Gary Arzt is an ignorant douche and should either be ridiculed or ignored, depending on the mood. No one should have been subjected to the vile garbage and slander that asshole wrote. I sincerely hope you can put this behind you and get some peace and sleep. There is no good that will come from giving that insipid shit any more room in your head. (Forgive my foul mouth, but sometimes those are the best and most appropriate words to convey an intention.)

Keep up the good work!

I apologize for vilifying the members in my original post, but I think that the majority of you seem to be able to read past my faux pas.

You're right Tony, I can't correct you here but thanks for pointing out my error.

Hey, I've been right twice, Rob can you also let my wife know this! She says I'm never right :laugh:

I think it's a change that will invoke a lot of personal feelings - some guys have stated that they do not appreciate the religious elements and spiritual dogma force fed to them when it comes to Illusiones references in it's vitola names. it's really a push in a new direction of freedom of speech and how far the consumer will allow the manufacturer go befor they call it quits.

Though people have to realize those religious elements first, and the they have to decide if it matters to them. And how many people actually noticed those references before all this? Im not sure, would be interesting to find out though. I for one was clueless to the fact that 88, mk, and the others meant something, whether it be from Dion's personal life or other reasons. I figured it was stuff they just picked out of the air, or sounded good to them when they were naming it. As for the hl when I first heard of it I thought, "Oh holy lance, its a lancero, pretty cool name." I knew what the Holy Lance was, and figured the cigar was just named that cause it sounded cool. The meaning of the names mean nothing to me, I buy cigars because I like their taste, not for their names, or who they are made by. Its that simple.

But then again I dont read into things. I take them for what they are at face value simply because I hate having to think deep and hard about things that are meant to be enjoyable and relaxing. Much like a few movies, the Matrix for example, the 1st was great but the 2nd & 3rd you had to read way too much into the story to find out what was really going on to really understand the movie.

Just my little rant.