• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Officially a Small Business Owner

Wisco

Hey all,

Haven't been around in a while. My wife and I recently took over her Grandfathers business after he passed away. I have never been busier in my life. We work our day jobs then come home and work another 4-5 hours at the business. We put in about 28-30 hours on the weekend. Things will finally be slowing down when she's done with her job at the end of next week.

It's the hardest thing I've done but at the same time the most exciting. Wish me luck as we work to secure a small business loan in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I will get an hour to enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having here in Wisconsin (55 in November is great) and a fine cigar.

P.S. I'll do my best to keep my business out of CP. So all you greenhouse owners out there, let's keep the convection tubing talk to the business lines only. :sign:

Brent

Congratulations on taking the most exciting and yet worrisome aspect of business, owning your own! I'm hoping you and your wife succeed immensely, it will surely add to our economy, Brent.

Tons and tons of wok no doubt. Doing anything on your own with noone to look to for all the facets and the bottom line, it's always tons of work. Great rewards though, good luck with it

Thanks guys. It has been fun, nerve racking, back breaking, head splitting and we are only in week 3. Should be interesting :)

Wife took the plunge and started a business four years ago. It's going well. You're right about it being nerve wracking. We put the house up as colateral for the line of credit.

Best of luck. :thumbs:

What's the business, you said something about greenhouses, It peaked my interests!!

What's the business, you said something about greenhouses, It peaked my interests!!

We make plastic tubes with holes in them. They are attached to heaters (instead of traditional metal air ducts) to evenly distribute heat in greenhouses. If you have not fallen asleep yet, congratulations. :)

Congrats on the new business! It sounds like an interesting one. Good luck and I hope you still have time for your baby with all this new work. Do you ever sleep anymore? ;)

Congrats on the new business! It sounds like an interesting one. Good luck and I hope you still have time for your baby with all this new work. Do you ever sleep anymore? ;)

We've had a lot of family members babysitting for us. Unfortunately the machines are far too loud for a 9 mo's ears. Wow I can't believe it's been that long already. Sleeping any chance I get :) We'll have to get together again for a smoke once the new year comes.

I run one too. Although my life will revolve around it most days, I am definitely blessed with the opportunity.

That has to be the single most unique small business I have ever heard. Ever.

Sit down for a second and have a cigar and a pat on the back lol

Been There and doing that brother! Hang in there it seems as though the first year is the most stressful, and at times holds the most doubt. Stay positive and good luck Brent!