• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OH DEER

If any of you are fortunate enough to come and visit the North Country in NH, you'll be greeted by large yellow and black signs that read, "Brake for Moose, it could save your life." An acquaintance of mine, hit a 900 pounder a couple of Mos. ago; it totaled his 3/4 ton P.U. and busted him up pretty bad. The Moose ended up pinning him to the seat. The Vol.FD had to use the jaws of life to extract him. He's lucky to be alive. Most moose collisions result in fatalities. In this state you can keep the animal. He turned it down. The FD had one hell of a barbecue. He was invited but for some reason had no taste for it.

Doc.

If any of you are fortunate enough to come and visit the North Country in NH, you'll be greeted by large yellow and black signs that read, "Brake for Moose, it could save your life." An acquaintance of mine, hit a 900 pounder a couple of Mos. ago; it totaled his 3/4 ton P.U. and busted him up pretty bad. The Moose ended up pinning him to the seat. The Vol.FD had to use the jaws of life to extract him. He's lucky to be alive. Most moose collisions result in fatalities. In this state you can keep the animal. He turned it down. The FD had one hell of a barbecue. He was invited but for some reason had no taste for it.

Doc.

Funny you mention that. My wife and I took my son to the zoo last weekend. I stopped by the exhibit where they had a moose and a couple of elks. I couldn't help thinking to myself what it would be like to hit one of those with a car. Around here all you have to worry about is white-tail deer which are tiny by comparison.

Glad to see you escaped uninjured.

I hit a bug yesterday. Damn bugs are a menace on Arizona roads.